New Grad Nurse Dilemma. Please help. - Page 4Register Today!
- May 12, '12 by Ruby Veeit almost sounds as if the op took a job because her mother was nagging her to do so. i hope you manage to find reasons to love this tele job. i started in tele and have never regretted it. i learned so much!
- May 13, '12 by nursegirl75I don't know if the OP realizes how lucky she/he is of getting this job offer especially on a tele unit. I know soooo many people who would be so grateful and happy to take that job in a heart beat without any complains. Its just mind-blowing how someone would even think of turning down a job especially since so many new grads struggle to find jobs....many still haven't found jobs after 1 year. Sorry, I was literally in shock when I read the posting. Just unbelievable.
- Aug 5, '12 by hopefull1I know it's been a while on this post, but I was wondering how you have progressed with the tele position. I'm a new grad that will be starting on tele in a couple of weeks and am really worried I won't stack up. Please let me know how it's gone so far for you..Thanks!!
- Aug 7, '12 by Sangrita RNHey hopefull! I am also a new grad starting on tele in a couple weeks. I'm soooo nervous! Where will you be working
- Aug 8, '12 by hopefull1Congrats!! I'll be working at a hospital in TX as a GVN until I pass boards. How about you? I've been told it's alot to take on (and that's scary), but if you can do it, you gain a load of experience!Last edit by hopefull1 on Aug 8, '12
- Aug 8, '12 by Sangrita RNVery nice! A hospital in Denver, CO. I heard the same so I am super nervous. But we can do it!!!
- Aug 8, '12 by hopefull1Well you're definitely not alone in being nervous, I am too for sure! Keep me posted after you start on how it's going, and I'll do the same.
- Oct 2, '12 by neelieyelikWhen I read this post I wanted to slap you, Peacelives10. I've been looking for a job for 14 months now and I would move ANYWHERE and PAY to work for the experience. It's frustrating to think that some new grads are being offered jobs they don't even want while others like myself are repeatedly ignored. What's your secret??? (And what hospital do you work at...?)
I'm glad you took the job because months down the line when you were still unemployed you would have seriously regretted your decision.