Excelsior : Chronicity! - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 17, '12 by BrillyDI used SG101 for Transition and Health safety and the outlines from Excelsior and got A's on both. Passed chronicity with a B on Thursday using studygroup101, medsurg and fundamentals!! Woot!! 3 down.....
- Aug 20, '12 by stefanie0202Is it hard??!
or relativley easyLast edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 22, '12
- Oct 8, '12 by kkbglpni am taking Chronicity tomorrow....any last min. suggestions, i have studied for it for 1 month, but still really nervous!!
- Oct 8, '12 by BrillyDMake sure you review the various diseases or conditions listed in the content guide - meds, labs, interventions....
- Oct 13, '12 by Nurse__Marywhy are classes listed for 8, 15wks if you can take the test whenever you like? I'm so confused.
- Oct 28, '12 by curiy17Nurse_bear what post are u on?
- Oct 29, '12 by curiy17I ment military post.. That person said they were in the military
- Oct 30, '12 by natnat122Quote from nurse_bearCan you give some pointers on the Health Safety Exam too please?????!Passed Chronicity today by the grace of God with a "C". I passed health/safety a week ago today and it was pretty easy so I got cocky and scheduled Chronicity for today. The previous posts about SG 101 were right: SG 101 does NOT fully prepare you for this exam!!! My advice is to study other sources too. I am not all about giving a handout but I figure anyone who made it to this test has earned their stripes in my book so here are a few pointers from me: There is alot of sensory questions so know your eye diseases, macular degeneration, detatched retina, increased IOP, eye drops to treat them ears, cochlear implant, etc. Also be prepared to LIST in order the stages of death and dying 1 thru 5. The culture questions were not as cut and dry as the exams on SG 101 either. Know the difference between community based and community health nursing. Thats about all I can remember. My test had 160 questions, not 130 like the normal ones. I heard in allnurses that the 130 question tests were being used again for chronicity but mine was 160. Thought I was gonna be retired before that test ended. Stay sharp, stay focused. take a short break if you need to and just stare at the floor a minute or 2 when you start zoning out. I drank an energy drink before the test and it helped me stay focused. I am not the best test taker on Earth so this exam may be cake for you, I dont know. Hope this helps! Please feel free to share chronicity or any other Excelsior exam comments/questions with me! we will get through this!!!!