Foot care training - page 33
by kernow | 181,745 Views | 394 Comments
I have been interested in starting a foot care service for some time now and after reading posts from LoisJean feel this is something I can do. I would like to start out by receiving some kind of training but cannot find anyone... Read More
- 0Nov 20, '10 by sallyspringthis is a course offered by a college
. you can go on to do a degree too. it really is advanced footcare.
i just googled pedology as it looked interesting and found this course
foot care specialty
Last edit by sallyspring on Nov 20, '10 : Reason: Remove what might look like an ad
- 1Nov 26, '10 by FlockoneHi Dawn,
I am interested in foot care as an independent busines here in New York State. I too have been going through my state's Nurse Practice Act to see if this is possible. I haven't found out yet.
I have found little training in the US. Have you attended a formal training for foot care? Any help would be appreciated.
- 1Dec 3, '10 by FlockoneQuote from sallyspringI have found several nurse foot care training classes in US as well as training via DVD. I am a RN with BSN. I am willing to go out of town to a training course with a practical component. I would certify in the area also. I am in Buffalo Ny, right across the border from Ontario, so this is why I wondered if training was offered closer to home. Thank you.I am in Canada and did a training course here. You do need a course. Are you a nurse? RN/practical nurse.
If not, do a course in the pedicure that the beauty parlour does.
Look for courses near you.
- 1Dec 7, '10 by 6893linYou can google footcare courses in Ontario and you will find lots of them. Many community colleges do these courses. Also google the canadian foot acre association. This is national association in Canada for foot care nurses. They will be able to help.
You might also find it helpful to read all the messages as this topic has been covered extensively in the past posts. I would love information on training DVD's please.
- 0Dec 7, '10 by lutzy1960foot & nail care rn advice,Please
I am thinking about changing my nursing focus to be a CFNC. Is anyone a certified foot and nail care nurse? How did you find a job? Did you open up your own business?
I really want to work for someone else but have called many Podiatrists and they are not wanting any RN's. I have even called the VA hospital's. I live in San Antonio Texas..... Thanks for sharing anything with me.
- 1Dec 9, '10 by malaysI recently started my own Foot Care Business here in Virginia.
I did take my hands on training with RainierMedEd.
and also took the Foot and Nail Care for Registered Nuses - DVD Series for 5.0 contact hrs. that the Medical University of South Carolina College of Nursing offers. Now I qualify to take the Examination for Certified Foot Care Nurse by WOCNCB - the exam cost $300. I have been doing foot care for my pt's for over 25 years and wanted to retire from my traditional nursing job to do "Nursing for the Feet!" LOL I am in transition as we speak.
I currently work the night shift at my local Rehab/LTC facility and pursue growing my business during the day. NSO will cover FootCare Nurses for approx $600 plus annually - with general liability (recommended).Last edit by sirI on Dec 9, '10