Background Check-DOJ/FBIRegister Today!
- by StephanieSmithCA_LVN May 1The BVNPT did a DOJ & FBI background check before i was allowed to take my Nclex. I got through it, but I did have to write a statement and give information about my juvenile arrest with no conviction.
I didnt get a letter in the mail saying i passed my nclex, i got a letter saying that my file was in review. I knew this would happen because they had to investigate the details of the arrest.
It took awhile but i finally obtained my license. Yesterday, I was offered a position as a Correctional Nurse, subject to a clear background check, & my references were ok.
I understand this arrest will always show up on any background check, once 10 years has passed,BUT, im assuming if the BVNPT allowed me to practice as a nurse in California, so will the CDOC.
Am i right in assuming this? Any one ever dealt with this or know someone who has?Last edit by StephanieSmithCA_LVN on May 1 : Reason: misspelling
- May 12 by StephanieSmithCA_LVNWell, I have gotten calls from my references saying DOC is contacting them. Hopefully this is a good sign. Maybe I've got clearance?
- Jun 11 by thejadedmonkeyIf you don't mind, I'd be interested in knowing how this turned out for you as I also have a juvenile record and am interested in correctional nursing.
- Jun 12 by OrcaIf there was an arrest but no conviction, there shouldn't be an issue. If there was a conviction, a lot will depend upon what the arrest was for and how recent it was.
- Jun 15 by valzRNI had something on me as a juvenile but I have always came back find on my clearance. Currently I work in a state prison, but I have also worked in county jails... it shouldn't, but I will agree with Orca... I think that it depends on what you did and how long ago it was. As long as you haven't been in any trouble recently, it shouldn't be a problem.