Ready to Apply CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 24, '12 by saramisuand when did they change to 75% - 25%? Thats really great news!!!!
- Feb 24, '12 by RooskenatorThis is the first year they are doing 75/25 instead of 50/50! Pretty sweet, huh?!
Yes, I married an "R" so I feel your pain
So, they just say "met" and the date they were met, with no grades in the middle between where the class is listed & "met" is at? That's what mine says too. Last year everything was posted March 6th as far as grades go, so hopefully we have ours posted soon!!!
- Feb 24, '12 by saramisuwhere the English pre-req is (the one I transferred in from St Joes) it does not yet say met. Everything else that I took through the CCC system does, without grades. So im wondering if anyone else's is like that, who took a class outside of the CCC system?
- Feb 25, '12 by ORnurseCTHello everyone,
I was in your shoes last year. It is a long wait, and when you start time flies by. I took half of my classes outside of the CC system and had no transfer issues with the school. Some of my status updates were never posted on my nursing application status, so don't go by that alone. Also don't trust it, if you have a concern call your first choice school. I know a lot of applicants aren't even qualified but hope they will get selected. Some are applying to multiple programs and may select another one, some get pregnant or can't attend.
I know it's hard but try to take this time to relax and enjoy and yourself, take a vacation spend time with your families and friends, or work overtime now for extra cash. Use the time to learn dosage calculations, they don't teach it.
Good luck to all of you.
It's overwhelming, exciting, frustrating, scary, fun, rewarding....
- Feb 25, '12 by saramisuThanks for the advice studentnursect Which program are you attending? I've seen your posts, because I've read through about 75% of last years thread..oh what the anxiety will do.
I've been trying to find a way to become a nurse for 10 years. It's been my dream, but I was unfortunately too young and silly to recognize it head on and I also had trouble understanding that it takes 120%, no wait...150% of your time and effort(which is not a complaint!..yes it gets hard, but it's been totally worth it so far and i'm not even in). Then I fell into a career that I'm not exactly in love with. 3 years ago when I started retaking my pre-requisites, I never thought I'd see this day. Now it's so close, and I just want to know so badly!
Do you have any recommendations for text regarding the dosage calculations? I've found a few that look good, but nothing specific to nursing. I'm taking micro now, which is taking up most of my time between work and my very, very small social life, but when that starts to wind down, dosage calcs it is.
Good luck with school!
- Feb 27, '12 by mssjezMy transcripts showed up as received on the RN status page. As of right now, I don't have "met" listed for any of the pre-reqs from other schools. But I'm not worried about them transferring. I am also an "S".
Thanks for your advice 'studentnurseCT'. Right now I'm just working on A&P II and Micro. I am excited to hear if I got into the program but I know they won't be sending out letters or anything for a little over another month. In the meantime I am taking the required CPR course since I have some free-time, checking out pricing on white sneakers with good support, and trying to get a per diem job as a Nurse Tech (I've heard the experience really gives you a leg up while in the program and after graduation). Other than that, it is just a wait and see.
I wish everyone the best of luck!!
- Mar 5, '12 by mssjezHey everyone!
Has anybody had pre-reqs or NGPA posted as "met" yet on their commnet? I know last year around this time commnet application statuses were updated and letters for those who didn't meet the requirements were sent out in mid-March. It's exciting to know that we will find out is about a month! If any current nursing students have advice to give on what to expect or what their experiences (with professors, clinical, lab or lecture) have been so far, that would be great!
- Mar 5, '12 by ORnurseCTI'm so excited for all you. I'm not as excited anymore. I'm burned out and fried but I love it so much. I'm at Gateway.
- Mar 5, '12 by saramisuNope, waiting for my NGPA to post. I've reduced the number of hours between each time I check my commnet to 12. sigh.
- Mar 5, '12 by saramisualso, the only pre-reqs reading as met are the ones I took through the CCC system so far, still waiting for others to post.