BHSN: Applying to Bridgeport Hosp for Fall 2013 - page 28
Hi All, I thought I would start a new topic for those of us who are planning to apply to BHSN's Nursing program for the Fall 2013. I will get things started with my stats (which aren't great...but not too terrible!): ... Read More
- 0Jul 31, '13 by KellyH_2014Hi,
I am new to this thread, and would like to know if anyone has taken the TEAS test at another location besides BHSN?
I noticed that there are other sites, I wanted to test before given a date through BHSN just in case I would have to retake it. If any of you would have any suggestions please post comments.
- 1Aug 1, '13 by NurseToBe721I actually took mine twice, once at Naugatuck Valley Community College and the second time at Three Rivers. The only thing about taking it somewhere else is that you have to pay to have your ATI transcripts sent to BHSN. Here's the link for ATI testing and the location, hope it's helpful!
- 0Aug 3, '13 by trixietealWelcome! I start the nursing program in the fall and did not take the TEAS at BHSN. I actually took the test in January in Springfield MA. I was undecided about applying or waiting a year and by the time I made up my mind all of the testing centers nearby were booked! Since I waited, I only had time to take the test once. Based on my experience, here is some advice….
- find a study guide that suits your learning style! There are many options but you can’t go wrong with the study guide that ATI sells. I purchased another book from Amazon that was set up like flashcards (I liked that method because I knew right away if my answer was correct....here’s the link
- use your study tools and don’t wait until the last minute. The best way to prepare for a standardized test is practice – it’s just like the SATs!
- Try to take the test more than once. The first time around you may be nervous and unsure of what to expect. Since your score sheet is broken down by the four subjects (reading, math, science, English) and their subcategories, ATI basically tells you what areas you need to review so you are guaranteed to improve the second time around. Luckily I did well and got into the program but I would have liked to take the test again.
- Take a break during the test. The test is timed by section so you have the option to take a breather.
- If noises distract you then ask for earplugs. I don’t know if all testing locations offer earplugs but mine did and it was a lifesaver! The test is on the computer so imagine 20 something people sporadically clicking – it was extremely distracting for me. I had them for the last two sections after I saw that another student got a pair and it made a big difference.
It costs around $20 to have your scores sent to each additional location. When I registered for the test, I filled BHSN as the school that I wanted my scores sent to but it actually sent them to the school in MA since that is where I took it. I didn’t know this until I received an email from BHSN stating that they hadn’t received my scores. When I called ATI to confirm that my scores were mailed, I found out that they are sent electronically (almost instantly), in this case to the school where I took the test.
Hope I didn’t bombard you with too much information! Good Luck with the TEAS!!
- 0Aug 3, '13 by trixietealQuote from MikeJones21The second page of the checklist has three things:Is it possible for anyone to send me a picture via email of the second page of the pre-admission checklist?
1. Photo ID Badge - obtained 8/19 - 8/30 from the hospital security office on the main floor. Their hours are 8:30 - 3:30.
2. Student Uniforms - you should have received further info/instructions on this at orientation. You need at least 2 tops and 2 bottoms as well as 1 lab coat -- order them ASAP if you haven't done so already.
3. Textbooks & Stethoscope - the textbook list was provided at orientation (it says that you have to have all your books on hand 9/3...) and that a stethoscope needs to be purchased shortly after school begins.
the drug test, heath forms, CPR cert, malpractice insurance, and transcripts are all due by 8/16 (from page 1)