UCHSC Pre-reqsRegister Today!
- by dreams2bnurseco Jan 2, '09Hi all --
I have some questions, as I've found the UCHSC website to be a little confusing.
a) does UCHSC accept pre-reqs taken from a community college? I have a bachelors and masters already, but still need to take pre-reqs minus statistics. i live around the corner from a CC and it's cheaper, so I thought that'd be the easiest.
b) my plan is to take probably 2 of the 3 pre-reqs summer 2009, apply by the priority deadline in 2009, take off fall 2009 for my wedding, finish up my last pre-req spring 2010....to finally start summer 2010 assuming I get in. does UCHSC allow pre-reqs to be taken AFTER applying? their website makes it sound like they do....but I wanted to ask someone who knows for sure. I've left a message for admissions but haven't heard back yet, probably because of the holidays.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=359243©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,550 Views
- Jan 2, '09 by tinybabynurseYep, you definitely can take prereq's for UCHSC at the CC...tons of people do. I *think* you can also do some prereq's after applying b/c I knew a girl that took A&PII in the spring (semester ended in May) and started the traditional BSN program in June...she knew she was accepted during the spring semester. I'm just not sure how many prereq's you have to have in order to apply. Good luck!
- Jan 2, '09 by kasperasYou must be enrolled in the last of your pre-requs (8 hours left) when you apply and I believe only 1 can be a science class if you already have a bachelors degree.
- Jan 16, '09 by HanabnaOMG. I am so frustrated right now. What are the Pre-requisites for the nursing program at UCHSC? I can't find it on the internet. I've been sitting here for several hours and my eyes are glazed over. Please let me know. Thanks.
- Jan 17, '09 by kasperasIt's in a goody place. They recently redid the website and it's poorly done. http://Www.Nursing.ucdenver.edu/unde...prereqinfo.htm
- Jan 17, '09 by kasperas*Goofy*
- Jan 17, '09 by HanabnaThank you. I finally found it right after I had post the question. I am bummed College Algebra is listed! I took Statistics and thought that would be the end of my math journey. damn.
- Jan 17, '09 by kitsune01Quote from kasperasYeah, although honestly I think the old website was even worse - I remember it took me forever to find the info I needed when I was researching schools.It's in a goody place. They recently redid the website and it's poorly done. Www.Nursing.ucdenver.edu/undergrad/bs_prereqinfo.htm
Those prereqs are so screwy - it seems like if someone had a bunch of college credit but no degree before deciding to pursue nursing, it would probably be faster and easier to just finish a bachelors in whatever subject they had the most classes towards so they only had to take A&P, micro and stat. And seriously, why require college algebra but not chemistry? The only thing you really need math for is dosage calc, and even for that, chemistry is probably more helpful.