Children's Hospital Colorado - Fall 2012 Nurse Residency Application
- 0Jun 4, '12 by ChristinaG123Hi there,
I submitted my application for the new graduate nurse residency program at Children's Hospital Colorado on June 2. For some reason, I could access it before it was officially posted... Maybe it's because I had a job agent set up? I thought I'd start a forum so we could all speculate and share info on the application process for the Fall 2012 start date.
About me: My first B.S. was in Health Management and Policy (SO CLOSE!) and then attended a second degree B.S.N. program and graduated this May 2012. I have worked with children as a preschool teacher in college, camp counselor and have worked at Boston Children's Hospital for 4+ years now. I am from Boston =) but am really interested in relocating for their VERY well established new graduate residency program.
I've posted their timeline below:
Timeline for starting the program in August 2012
*Includes May 2012 graduates
- June 4-8, 2012: Position posted
- June 14 or 15, 2012: Select applicants to interview
- June 27-29, 2012: Interviews
- July 27, 2012: Selection and notification of candidates
- August 20, 2012: Start of program
Let the games begin!
- 0Jun 11, '12 by peanutsauceThe system allowed me to apply early as well -- rather, earlier than the expected post date. Thank you so much for sharing the timeline!
My application was forwarded to a hiring manager, and I was notified via email of that this morning. Check your status! It is great to know when the hiring mangers will be getting in touch with us if we are selected for an interview, and that this will be happening SOON!
- 0Jun 11, '12 by peanutsauceI am assuming it is a generic response - my email did not specify which unit I was forwarded to. I am thinking about calling HR to ask. I am curious as to how many were forwarded -- with calls expected to come so soon, they couldn't have sent too many? Perhaps that's just wishful thinking, but it's certainly better than a rejection
Hopefully those calls come in for both of us! I'm from Northern California.
- 1Jun 12, '12 by ChristinaG123Hi everyone,
So I know it's just speculation but my friend who just interviewed at UCH said a lot of people had a rejected status when she had the "routed" status. I don't think it's a generic response but I'm still going to be cautiously optimistic! I have reached out to someone who posted on here about starting the residency this past winter about the application process, interview and what they actually thought about the program. If and when I hear back, I will be sure to share the experience!
- 0Jun 14, '12 by alisonarpMe and my friend both applied and she recieved the initial screening email and then never got the hiring manager one. So even though I dont know how many people were put through to the hiring manager I do know some were not. I'm waiting to here about the applicant selections!!! Did anyone get calls yet??
I'm from NJ, dying to move and crossing my fingers!