[COLOR=#000000]This is more or less what my cover letter and resume look like.... Because I had no healthcare work history, I kept it very simple and just put the name of my past employers with the dates that I worked there. Most places wouldn't even consider my application or look at my resume until I passed my certification test though.... Hope this helps! Good Luck!!I am applying to express my interest in the position of Certified Nursing Assistant at Such n Such Nursing. Although I have no work history in healthcare, with effective patient care skills and hands on experience during clinical training, I am confident in my capability to deliver the best services and compassionate care to patients. I also feel that Such n Such Nursing would be a valuable employer to myself while I continue to follow my dream of becoming an RN.
I feel that I am a strong candidate for this position. I am highly skilled in assisting with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, feeding, ambulating, and toileting of patients. I demonstrate ability to take vitals and assist with other day to day tasks efficiently. I am confident that with my training and yearning to learn, I would be nothing less than an asset to your facility. I am a hardworking individual who is focussed on safe and efficient patient care. I am available for any shift, any day of the week.
My resume is enclosed to highlight skills and abilities gained from my education and clinical experience. I am confident that these skills are what you are seeking in a Nursing Assistant. I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at (555) 555 - 5555 or via email at _________. Thank you for your consideration of my application for the CNA position at Such n Such Nursing Home.
Molly M. Hatchet
Molly Hatchet[/COLOR]101 MainStreet[COLOR=#000000]Chicago, IL 55555[/COLOR](555) 555-5555[COLOR=#1155cc]email address here[/COLOR]
- To obtain a Certified Nursing Assistant position where I can utilize the education and training that I have received through my classes at________ and the hands on training I received during my clinicals.
- Caring and compassionate
- Detail oriented and self motivated
- Demonstrates a consistent and positive attitude
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Clinical Experience and Skills
- Chicago Community College
- CNA course - January 24, 2013 - May 16, 2013
- Clinicals were completed through CCC at Such n Such Nursing Home
- Completed the course with a 96%
- State certification was completed and passed (You could put State Certification to be taken 07/15/2013)
- Provide cares in assisted daily living
- Maintain medical asepsis and clean technique
- Apply mobility aids as well as restraint alternatives
- Efficient in taking TPRs
- Thorough understanding of providing personal hygiene for patients
- Capable of managing bowel and bladder
- Maintain intake & output