Adult CNS-EXAM - Page 9Register Today!
- Oct 26, '12 by VANurse36Is there anyone out there who has taken the adult health CNS exam recently and can provide any updated info or studying assistance? Thanks in advance I have recently graduated in August 2012 and beginning to study for exam.
- Oct 26, '12 by nicoleinQuote from VANurse36HiIs there anyone out there who has taken the adult health CNS exam recently and can provide any updated info or studying assistance? Thanks in advance I have recently graduated in August 2012 and beginning to study for exam.
I would strongly suggest you joining the Facebook group ANCC CNS STUDY GROUP. it's a group where ppl who have taken or are planning on taking the exam post info and questions. A number of members recently took the exam and posted general feedback re the test. I'm a student completing my CNS program soon and looking for study tips and I think the info on the FB site will be beneficial. Good luck to you!!
- Oct 31, '12 by VANurse36Thanks so much for the info, I will definitely check it out!
- May 17 by nicoleinWell it's been a while but I'm super excited to announce that I passed the cert exam yesterday. What a HORRIBLE EXAM!!! So broad and such ambiguous questions. Had to read and reread to figure out what was being asked. What I found helpful in passing was #1 Joining the FB group and getting tips on areas to focus. Everyone that passed mentioned the same theorists and content areas to zone in my study on. Next the mometrix was helpful, my precious Hamric book for sure, the CNS spheres of influence and the activities under the competences (know this backwards and forward) and the AACN Syngery book. Good luck to all students and working CNSs brave enough to tackle this exam. Do not use any NP reviews nor review anymore pharm. The pharm u know right now is enough. Nursing process also of great importance!
- Jul 16 by ccns34I passed the AACN -CCNS exam this past spring and while it was challenging I felt the resources I used prepared me adequately. I used the CCNS review DVDs offered by AACN-these were helpful as there was also powerpoints which you could print off the slides. I also used CCNS review audio CD's that were by a national educational review company-ok but I would get distracted very easily. A few days before my exam I got nervous that I needed to study more and purchased the mometrix e-edition-it was a very nice review. If anyone is looking to purchase any of these resources I suggest looking on ebay or amazon they seem to be a little cheaper than directly from the companies.