I'm a currently attending my local community college as a pre-nursing student, and I plan on transferring to University next year to obtain my B.S.N. My passion is Women's Health and my goal is to become a Nurse-Midwife.
I'm required this semester to write a research paper on my career choice, and I need to interview nurses in my field of interest.
If any of you would be at all willing to answer any (or all) of these questions, I would be so thankful!!
1) What is the title of your occupation, and what setting do you work in (hospital, private practice, medical center, etc)?
2) What advice would you give to someone wanting to enter the nursing profession?
3) What did you give up in order to pursue your occupation? Was it worth it?
4) What are the physical/psychological demands of your occupation?
5) Describe what your typical day is like?
6) What aspects of your occupation most appeal to you?
7) What kinds of skills do you need for entry into your occupation?
8) What are the tasks that you perform?
9) Are you ever dissatisfied with your occupation?
10) What are some of the benefits of your occupation?
12) What made you want to be a nurse?
13) Do you enjoy what you do?
14) Was nursing school hard? Fun?
15) How does nursing affect your family, husband, social life, etc?
Please PM me or respond with your answers. Any/All answers are appreciated!