UFV January 2013 BSN Hopefuls - page 3
by Paraston | 28,938 Views | 202 Comments
Well yesterday was the application deadline for the University of the Fraser Valley痴 January 2013 BSN intake. I知 just curious if there are any other anxiety-ridden current applicants out there like me. I知 hoping to create a... Read More
- 0Sep 7, '12 by ParastonHey guys!
I'm on a vacation right now, so I've been calling back home every day to see if the letter has come yet. And we're all supposed to be receiving the information session letter, so there's nothing to worry about! But I'm still super antsy to get it...it means the start of a tough process (you know...beyond what we've already done!)
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself here, but acceptance letters (according to other posts I've read) have usually gone out the first week of November, so we still have some time ahead of us. I won't be home until Sunday, so if any of you get your letters today let us all know! I want to know if there's something to look forward to when I get home! We're getting closer at least!
- 0Sep 9, '12 by riri.gI know what you mean... Even though everyone is going to get a letter, I'm still looking forward to it as if it's the acceptance letter ha ha. To me it means that it's finally starting and I guess competition is on? How was your vacation? You're lucky to get away for bit. I'm back in class!
- 0Sep 9, '12 by Parastonriri.g - Vacation was good, thanks! But I'm also back at school. It was tough trying to keep up with the courses while on vacation (two are online, so I had no excuse not to work on them), but at least I got a little time away! Are you doing some of the non-nursing courses as well? I'm sure we'll be getting our letters this week. I hope anyway--I really want to know when this information session is going to be!
And baileybee, I know, competition is brutal! Before I actually started working on my volunteer hours and getting my application together, I questioned whether or not it was worth it considering the competition. You can only do the best you can to get in though (sorry to sound so cheesy), but it's true. I know for certain I don't have the best grades or the most volunteer hours, so I'm going to work really hard on the essay and interview and hope that it helps. I'm trying not to stress over the competition more than necessary though. If they feel we're ready, they'll accept us. If they don't, then we'll have to improve.
Just hang in there! Most of the process will be done in the next month and a bit, and then we should all know in two months from now where we'll be in January. Hopefully that ends up being all of us in the program!
- 0Sep 12, '12 by riri.gParaston- I think I've finished all or most of my electives and english.. Well at least I hope I did. How many electives do we need? And I am glad you had a good vacation
Yes I agree with Paraston! Just stay positive!! Who knows what will happen... We all did the best we could and that's all that matters. If we don't get in, we can always try again and do some upgrading. I haven't checked my mail yet so I don't know if I've received anything... I'll check after school.
- 0Sep 12, '12 by ParastonUmmm there's three electives I believe: one of anthropology, psychology, or sociology; one that's any 100 level course; and one that is nursing related, so we can't do it until we're in the program. And then we have the option to take English 105, Math 104 or 106, and Anatomy and Physiology I and II (with permission). I'm working on my English, Math, and Anthropology right now and I already have previous courses from UFV that will count toward the 100-level elective.
I went snooping through old posts again today on a bunch of different websites, and although I don't know exactly what days people got their info session letters, I noticed that the majority of the posts were posted around September 15 from last year saying they had just received it. Fingers crossed it comes by Friday! I want to know if there will be an essay topic in it, or if it will be like last years where you're not given a topic and you have to answer three questions in paragraph from at the info session.
- 0Sep 13, '12 by FoxRainHi everyone. I'm so glad this thread exists. I haven't received a letter yet either, and I live in Abbotsford. However, I did have something on my mind from having applied to the previous intake that I thought maybe someone here would be able to shed some light on.
At the September 2012 intake information session, we were told that Anatomy and Physiology I and II now have a lab component. Before that, students waiting to get in were able to take Anatomy and Physiology I and II through other schools such as TRU (Thompson Rivers University) online where there was no lab component. I was wondering if anyone else had heard if UFV was not accepting these courses anymore. I paid a ton of money and put in a lot of hours to complete them.. so I hope I get credit !
I guess I'm hoping I'm not the only one in this situation... that way we could have some leeway.
- 0Sep 13, '12 by losublimeHi FoxRain.
Not sure if it will transfer or not as TRU is not on the acceptable options for transfer credit page.
Im taking the first part of Anat & Phys at Trinity Western right now. And the lab section is a HUGE part of the course. I found out a couple days ago that they only transfer from another school if you have both parts (HSC 111 AND HSC113). If I get into UFV for January then I will not receive credit for the HSC 111 I'm doing right now.
I hope yours transfer over. It sucks to put so much time and money into something and then have to do it over again.