UFV January 2013 BSN Hopefuls - page 11
Well yesterday was the application deadline for the University of the Fraser Valley痴 January 2013 BSN intake. I知 just curious if there are any other anxiety-ridden current applicants out there like me. I知 hoping to create a... Read More
- 0Oct 11, '12 by losublimebaileybee - I am taking the first part of human anatomy at Trinity Western. I realize I may have to do it over again if I get in for January. Ill obviously try and work the second part in at Trinity while in the program at UFV. If I cant then it will suck but Im ok with it. If I have to do it again I will definitely do really well.
FoxRain- I asked for the last interview date and its October 29th.
I just want it to be the first week of November already!
- 0Oct 15, '12 by riri.gQuote from baileybeeOn allnurses.com? Or including everyone? On allnurses.com I'm not sure.. maybe 8 or less. I know a couple of those posting on the forum got an interview letter before the doing the short essay. If you're wondering in total-- everyone included, I wouldn't know. I treud asking when I phoned to book my interview and the lady said that they weren't allowed to say. But maybe they will tell you during the interview? So to anyone who has gone through the interview, let us know if they tell you anything!!How many of us, in total, got an interview?
- 0Oct 16, '12 by careubcThey told us at the info session they were interviewing about 60. So you have about a 50/50 chance of getting in if you got an interview... pretty much. I didn't get an interview so it looks like I won't be going to UFV in Jan. I was hoping to get into BCIT's program more than anything so at least I still have a chance for that. Good luck guys!
- 0Oct 16, '12 by EbloussanteI wish you guys good luck on your interviews!
So I'm sort of new here, and lately I've been having a dilemma because I really want to apply for Kwantlen or UFV nursing program. It's a bit of a long story with my situation but I'm currently at UBC right now and I'm either thinking of taking next semester off or transferring to UFV. For the UFV nursing admissions, how do they look at our GPA? Is it Eng 12, Bio 12, Chem 11 and Math 11 that they only look at for GPA? If that's it, then I'm satisfied with my marks (94.75%~95% so 3.9 GPA?). I'm probably looking to apply for next January because right now I don't think I have enough volunteer hours so far to get in for Sept 2013 intake and I don't think they'll accept my application after the Sept 2013 deadline.
- 0Oct 16, '12 by riri.g@careubc - I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive an interview letter!!! I was really hoping everyone on here would! Did you try contacting them? I remember they said in the info session that if you really feel like you deserve an interview, call and they might just let you come in for an interview... If you did and still nothing then... do continue to try for next UFV intake and for BCIT! I heard really good things about BCIT and they have a really good reputation and there program is only 3 years!! Goodluck!
@Ebloussante - They only look at the prerequisites.. I don't think they look at the other classes that aren't nursing related and so far you have a really high gpa!! But make sure you get enought volunteer hours because they do look at other things besides postsecondary. You might have to apply for next January intake.. I remember being in your sitatuion last year but it worked fine because I too didn't have enough volunteer hours.. So it gave me the chance to get as much hours as I can. The only thing I regret was being confident with having only 45hrs of volunteers at some dental place and not realising how super competitive the intake was. So I had about 6 months to get more volunteer hours but realised my situation 3 months before the deadline.. And thats when I really went all out and volunteers 5 times a week.. well techinically 4 because the other place I volunteer for wouldn't give me a reference because they have a 6 month rule... I don't know if this is helping you at all (I feel like I'm just blabbing about nonsense.. although I'm sharing my experience at the same time haha) but yeah that's my side of the story. I'd say my hard work paid off because I got an interview letter with UFV !
As for the number of people getting interviewed.. I heard it was 60/60 as well but I don't if I heard it from this forum or from the info session. When I called to ask, they wouldn't tell me because sometimes they would have A LOT of good applicants? I think.... I don't know.. But if it was 60/60 I would be feeling pretty blessed right now. *crosses fingers*