CRNE February 6th, 2013--> prep course buddies! - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 25, '12 by AminMMusseHello,
My name is amina I live in toronto and I am taking the exam in February 6th 2013 I am going to the toronto school of health prep course as well. I am in group 2 and it starts on Dec 13 th let me know if your in that group. If you are still looking I would love to make a study group with you! My email is
email@example.com. The email is a dash NOT underscore. You didn't leave an email or anything on your post so I dont how to contact you. Email is the best way to reach me.
I also want to let you know dont be sad and depressed because things happen for a reason and God always has a plan and whats better then God's plan? Nothing. I had many friends who passed the frist time and some who had to do it up three times!
My plan if your interested is to finish the Mosby book before we get into the review class, or at least have it done. I see clearly you have so it will be a review for you! We can meet up at least once or twice week and assign readings to each other. Then go over the assigned readings together then answer questions. Although it is my first time taking the exam many of my friends who have passed had advised me to study the mosby book and do the lipcont review questions. Questions show you how much you understand your weakness and what you need to work on! So we can work together , because when your by yourself its easy to slack off and hold yourself accountable!
Please let me know if your interest and email asap.
- Nov 28, '12 by gurpreetsinghPlease let me know abut study group. Me and my two friends took prep class at Toronto School of Health and we all failed. It was my first time writing. I am so upset, because I paid 1200 dollars and do not have a job now. I would take another course, but I am very short on money. If anyone wants to study in Markham, please email me. I don't know what to do now.
- Nov 28, '12 by emergnursejudySo I will share what I personally learned from this, having once been in your position not too long ago. I failed my CRNE, felt hopeless, went through all the emotions, and am now working as an emerg nurse. there is hope, so jump back on the horse and study. What you have to do if you want to succeed, is study hard! You have to be diligent and study all the CNO standards of practice. Know them by heart. You should attempt to do all the learning packages on the CNO website. They are there to help you pass the CRNE, and are free! Use everything you can that is free. Then go to your medical surgical book and study it. Use it as your crutch when going over questions and problems, and strengthen your knowledge base. Go over all the main areas, all the main diseases, all the main conditions, and study the patho, the nurses role, signs and symptoms, the psychosocial. Apply the nursing process to each question you review or scenario, and overall think like a nurse would think. I know its not that easy, especially since many of you are not practicing nurses, but its a start. Pick up the CNA workbook and practice the questions. They design the exam, so it would likely make sense to practice and learn from the questions in the book. Know your main drug classifications. Do a search of this site, there are countless suggestions that will really help you on your journey.
Take a course if you can afford it, but its not the end all. You need to study hard, especially if you are an internationally trained nurse. I took a class from a guy who no longer offers it, so theres no point putting it on here. That said, I did my research too. Nurses education Inc and Toronto School of Nursing seem to have good reviews, so I would check them out. They both seem to have great reviews on all nurses as well. Toronto School of Health also seems to have good reviews for the most part. The facebook site, although I don't know who runs it, seems to promote them there too and they post lots of questions there, so they are good practice, check them out. They have lots of likes, so that must mean something. That said, do a general web search of them and they got fined by the government for running some fake programs, so that is something to be concerned about.
There is also CNCAP, which I found on a google search, and they appear to run out of Mississauga, and seem also to be good. I have not read much about them as they are newer. Primed education is another one that did a weekend course at my university. It is a bit rushed though, and a general review. If you have failed your CRNE, I wouldn't start here. I would make a 3 month study schedule, study everyday even if you are working, and work hard hard hard. There is no replacement for hardwork remember that.
- Nov 28, '12 by RayTHello,
I will be writing for the second time as well in Feb 06, I am looking for dedicated study buddies study with. I have been looking into signing up for a prep course. I have looked at Toronto School of Health - the reviews are illegal/some have passed and failed as well. Toronto School of Nursing - I personally know people who have passed and failed from taking this course and the reviews from them was it wasn't as helpful.
Did anyone take the Nurses education Inc prep course ? or HCPT ? any thoughts/ reviews on these courses?
I live in Scarborough region near the Seneca Newham Campus. If you are around the area or would like to meet at a mutual location please contact me.
- Nov 28, '12 by nurse lovelywhat is your email address i am not too far away from you therefore we can study together.
- Nov 28, '12 by nurse lovelyI am new on here and therefore i can NOT send or receive private messages therefore i am asking anyone who wants to for a study group to please leave their email or contact info on this thread where i can see it so that i can email you to discuss where we can meet to study. I am near Markham Ontario but i am willing to commute as i have a car. i hope we can form a group soon as i heard three months is enough time to study and pass the CRNE