SJSU Nursing Fall 2012 - page 5
by biglaughter 17,882 Views | 106 Comments
I already applied for Nursing at SJSU for Fall 2012 and I am just waiting for the acceptance/nonacceptance now. I am beyond stress and worried that I might now get in because I am competing with so many smart applicants. I... Read More
- 0I understand that you guys want to motivate me, and I really appreciate that, but I am still really sad. Most of my friends have already graduated, and that makes me feel really stupid. I wish I could have been accepted to meet up with all you guys and say thank you personally. It's just hard to have wait for so long to get a denial letter. I am not as strong as you think, it doesn't take much to bring me down. I wish I was as strong as you 1waitingpatiently. Please tell me about your journey in becoming a nurse, I want to find the strength in your story to continueLast edit by biglaughter on Apr 19, '12
- 0Apr 19, '12 by newcat157Biglaughter, don't feel discouraged. I was denied to SFSU and SJSU but was fortunate to be accepted to CSUEB's nursing program. My husband went to school for three years wanting to be a mechanical engineer but had a 3.00 GPA and couldn't get accepted anywhere.
Instead of losing hope, he went to another school with no transfer credits and started all over from the beginning. Because it was his second time taking the same classes, he aced them, became smarter, had a high GPA, got accepted to the program and graduated with a job position at a space company. It took him almost 8 years of college.
It can be done.
- 0Thank so much Newcat157 for your story, I am feeling better knowing that there are others going through the same thing as me. I have to wait until Fall to apply for next Fall's semester; the application/waiting process is so time consuming, usually 1-2 years. And when you received a denial letter and have to start the process all over again...I bet you know this feeling.
- 0Apr 19, '12 by newcat157Yep, almost gave up hope before hearing from CSUEB. I was thinking about what other possible majors I could do and all sorts of crazy things. It's an emotional rollercoaster.
Apply to as many schools with nursing programs as you can. Go into next registration with as many chances as possible. Even if you think you have no intention of going there, you never know what will happen if you get accepted.
- 0Tell me about it, I feel so bipolar right now. One moment I feel like everything is okay and I can do it, and the next moment I feel like I don't have the strength to continue. I really love nursing, and because I have stuy so far into it, I don't have to change my major and start all over again. I only apply to two nursing this time around, and that was my mistake. Every school has diff. requirements/deadline, and some of my courses didn't articulate with theirs, so it was hard to keep up with everything. I received my denial letter yesterday, and i felt like the world was going to collapse when I read " We are sincerely regretful..."...I didn't even bother to finish reading, I started crying like I never did before. My eyes were so swollen. I really don't know what to do right now, I feel so sad that I don't want to do anything beside stay in my room and cry my soul out.
- 0Apr 20, '12 by sjsu2015I think if you have 120 units you should talk to an advisor at school and see how close you are to getting a degree in something. Hasn't the school send you something to your mysjsu account saying you have to apply for graduation? You can have more than 120 units and not have a BA or BS if you don't have all the classes you need for a specific degree. If you do have all your classes for another degree.. like maybe biology or chemistry you could get your degree and then do an accelerated program somewhere or look into other programs like a PA program or something similar. Don't give up hope on working in the healthcare field if that is what you really want to do. Just remember that no one will know in your other classes that you didn't get into this coming fall class unless you tell them so don't' skip classes. You will need those grades to help you in any program you try for. Good luck
- 0Apr 20, '12 by biglaughterThank you sjsu2015. I want to make an appointment if someone can help me get in the right direction. I dont quite have 120 units, after this semester I will have 103. I want to major in something similar to nursing, so I dont have to repeat all my courses, so I can graduate with a BA or BS. Then I will apply into a private school and continue my studies, or somehow transfer my credits to CSU long beach. I am so confused right now. My goal was to get into SJSU, but that didn't work out and now I don't know what I should do.
- 0Apr 20, '12 by biglaughterI went to talk to ------- today, and she told me to retake some of my prerec's (but the problem is I don't think I can do any better, I already work my hardest )and as of right now I am in the 10th place on the "pending list" , so if a miracle happens and those 10 people decline the offer to attend, then I will be accepted, but I HIGHLY doubt that would happen. I was 12th on the pending list, two people decline, now I am the 10th...but I don't think it is possible tha 10 more students will drop out for my sake. Please pray for me you guys, I really need all the support I can get.
Seashelley: I go to San Jose State UniversityLast edit by dianah on Apr 21, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names