San Joaquin Delta College Fall 2013 - page 13
19,849 Unique Views | 222 Comments
I don't think there is a thread started yet. Who's applying?... Read More
- 0Apr 8, '13 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from Ashleyjensen916Yes, currently in Sacramento but willing to relocate!@ shye, which other schools did you apply to, and which one is your first choice? You are in Sacramento, right? Well I hope you get your first choice, and its back to the waiting game for us. 11 more days! lol
In order of choice:
1) Sacramento City College Extended Campus (if they have one - they haven't specified if they will yet)
2) Pasadena Community College (Should find out by the end of April)
3) Rio Hondo College (Los Angeles - Should find out by the end of this week/early next week)
4) East Los Angeles College (Won't find out until mid-JUNE!)
5) Sacramento City College Normal Program (Expect to hear mid-to-late May)
6) American River College (Expect to hear early-to-mid May)
7) Delta College (I put them in last place just because they're making me mad haha)
The thing is, my boyfriend (who will basically be supporting us both during nursing school) has more opportunities down in the LA area (AND an opportunity to live rent-free for a year!) so we are looking to move, but the free, accelerated program would be ideal and we would want to stay for that. But of course, most of the programs I applied to are lottery, so I'll take what I can get!
- 0Apr 10, '13 by ShyeoftheTiger
- 0Apr 11, '13 by Ashley_studentRNQuote from ShyeoftheTiger@shye I would just call, to make sure it's ok. but im sure it is fine. You re-sent your application, and that only takes a few days, right? I hope it all works out. Wow, you applied to 7 schools! Thats awesome, i hope you get the one thats best for you both. i pretty much only applied at delta so far. It's really one of the only options for me, I cant just up and move my whole family/kids very far so, fingers crossed for delta.Hey I just checked MyDelta and had a 95 hold and had to reapply to the school... I'm hoping that doesn't affect my ADN application... Do you think I should call them?
Keep in mind that had they notified us on time, I wouldn't be worried...
- 0Apr 12, '13 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from Ashleyjensen916Haha the hold was lifted this morning, so I'm not worried about it... (that was fast!)@shye I would just call, to make sure it's ok. but im sure it is fine. You re-sent your application, and that only takes a few days, right? I hope it all works out. Wow, you applied to 7 schools! Thats awesome, i hope you get the one thats best for you both. i pretty much only applied at delta so far. It's really one of the only options for me, I cant just up and move my whole family/kids very far so, fingers crossed for delta.
So far, I've only applied to 6 schools (Sac City has the two programs so they got two rankings ) If I don't get into any of the six, I may consider Modesto Junior College but even then probably not...
I got one rejection notification yesterday from a college down in the LA 'burbs... If five more rejections come my way, I'll most likely re-take microbiology in the fall to meet some schools' recency requirements and boost my science GPA (and save more money!)
I get that... It's hard enough moving two people, let alone little ones