Samuel Merritt ABSN Spring 2013 - page 15

Was looking around and couldn't find a thread for this. Has anyone else applied to this program & which campus did you pick for first choice? Would love to hear back from fellow applicants :)... Read More

  1. by   StacyMarie982
    @AmesRT6510..... that seems like an eternity!!!! A few weeks ago I was told it would be the week of the 22nd.... BUMMER! I'm going to be the crazy lady at the mailbox from now till then!
  2. by   StacyMarie982
    I just couldn't handle the unknown.... just got off the phone with SMU, decisions will come at the end of this month! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  3. by   JeninCA
    I received an email to see if I wanted to be considered for the Fall admission at San Mateo. I am so torn because I am #4 on the waitlist at Sacramento (my first choice since I live here) but the possibility of getting in sooner is great too. Of course, being on the waitlist is not a guarantee to get in. I am just so concerned about the drive. It is at least 2 1/2 hours each way (no traffic) and moving is not an option (husband’s job). Anyone else commuting from Sacramento?
  4. by   jebo1982
    Just got the phone call that I got into Fall!
  5. by   bunnybreath
    I just got the call!! So excited but freaked out because the offer is for fall only and can't be deferred. I thought I read earlier that someone deferred for spring.... For those that got in last minute for fall- what have you been doing to get ready?
  6. by   JeninCA
    Congrats to all those who were accepted into the Fall program. Just a few short weeks away. How exciting!!! Good luck to all of you!
  7. by   bunnybreath
    hi jeninca. did you decide to wait for sac or are you going to try the commute to san mateo? do you know when the orientation date is for Fall and when classes start?
  8. by   JeninCA
    hi rosiebee15. I decided to wait for Sacramento. The 2 1/2 hour drive each way would be too much, especially with such an intensive program. I don't know any dates for San Mateo, it was not included in the email sent to me.
  9. by   jebo1982
    Rosiebee, orientation is october 30 and classes start november 5 ( i think, ill double check the email they sent me).JeninCa, that would've been a tough commute. I have an hour commute to campus from my house (but i'm going to stay at family houses during the school week).
  10. by   StacyMarie982
    Hey gang,

    I got the call!! And I've been up all night trying to figure out what the heck I am going to do!!


    Can you explain your deferment???? I was told there are NO deferments..... but if you got one I want one!!
  11. by   gobears0305
    @ StacyMarie982

    I made the request a couple weeks ago, basically explaining that it was too short a time-frame to relocate from LA, transition out of my job, and get all the other stuff done too (health screening, financing, etc etc). Also it took them a couple weeks to go through the process, which is probably why they aren't granting any more deferments since you're so close to the start date (just my 2 cents). Honestly, they had me walking on pins and needles through this whole process.
  12. by   StacyMarie982

    Your situation sounds much like mine!! I'd be moving from the central valley, but yes after reviewing the checklist, there is a LOT of stuff to get taken care of and my husband is scheduled for major open heart surgery mid November. I wanted it so badly, but the timing was just not right, so I had to decline. I had already applied to the spring term, so HOPEFULLY I will meet many of you then. 2 more weeks until acceptance letters come out!!!
  13. by   bunnybreath
    I am was in the same boat- less than 2 weeks to move form Washington and get everything done. I decided to decline and just hope to get in for Spring. I was told that since I got in for Fall that I must have been a good candidate and chances are I will get accepted for Spring. So I am getting everything done now in case I get the call.
    Last edit by bunnybreath on Oct 22, '12 : Reason: I