Samuel Merritt ABSN Spring 2013 - page 12
by jly0162 46,737 Views | 319 Comments
Was looking around and couldn't find a thread for this. Has anyone else applied to this program & which campus did you pick for first choice? Would love to hear back from fellow applicants :)... Read More
- 0Sep 26, '12 by snriveradid you say yes? I did, but I have this feeling we won't hear about that cohort for a while either. I feel like it's a last minute spot filler and I am scared to be left behind, without sufficient time to prepare, etc. And Financial Aid? Hello? I mean, it's going to take some time to get that many thousands of dollars together. I'm scared.
- 0I also said yes. It would be so sweet if I could start nursing school early. I assumed that we would hear pretty quickly if we got in or not because of getting together the finances. I thought it was a good sign when I got that email last friday but now I don't know. I am also scared. It's a lot of money!!
- 0Sep 27, '12 by ArrianaI too am having my application reviewed for possibly starting this Fall also, but wow, it's a month away. I hope they let us know soon so we can run around mindless for a month trying to get everything together. Doing everything in less than a month is extreme, especially for financial reasons as stated above and giving my jobs notice. But, this is our dream career, so you have to do what you have to do.
- 0Has anyone called or emailed asking about when we will find out? I know it hasn't been that long since they sent out the email but it would be nice to know when we can expect to know. Are you guys taking out private loans? I've been doing a wee bit of research. Medcap from Wells Fargo for medical professionals looks promising.This wait is so stressful. I am pretty sure its giving me gray hair (i found my first one today).
- 0Sep 27, '12 by terripayneWe aren't expected to hear anything back until the middle of October. I don't know about loans yet. I know you can use federal loans too. I have the military paying for 20k of my school and I guess I'll have to take out more money to cover the rest. But in the end it will all be worth it!!
- 0Sep 27, '12 by ArrianaThe middle of October for Spring 2013 ABSN San Mateo program, but also for the Fall 2012 term that we are now being considered for also? That's really extreme if they wait until then, because that is a lot to be done in two weeks.
I am still waiting for an email or call back about the Fall 2012 consideration. I asked for a call back to make sure I don't get pulled from the Spring applicant pool if I am considered, since I applied for the San Mateo program and they haven't released statuses yet, but I haven't heard any word back. Maybe someone else will have some luck.
I am applying for the Medcap from Wells Fargo for medical professionals also. This looks to be the best one.
- 0Dang it. I hope i find out soon. Wells fargo medcap definitely seems to be the best deal. How long does it take to get loans? This will be my first loan.I also asked in the email if i didnt get in, would my application still be considered for spring semester. I really dont wan to have to pay for all the transcripts again.