National University Cohort 33 Applicants and/or members - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 13, '12 by ABSN2beI didn't even know this thread existed! Congrats to all that got accepted to Cohort 33. I also got accepted but will be declining the offer so hopefully if anyone got an "alternate" status that you get my spot!
@lynn_08: The ATI book should prepare you enough for the TEAS. Make sure you do the online practice test as the format is very similar. I also used the McGraw-Hill's 5 TEAS Practice Tests and "Cracking the Nursing School Entrance Exams (Graduate School Test Preparation)" Princeton Review. I studied for about 4 weeks before and got 86% (my reading comprehension score brought me down because I started to run out of time and had to rush through the end). It's been a while since I've taken any of these courses so I really needed to brush up on the material. I felt that doing a lot of practice tests helped me out a lot.
For the essay, not really much you can do in preparing for it. Just know how to write an essay with the 5 paragraph format. Do a quick outline of what you'll discuss and you should be good to go. Just watch punctuation and spelling.
- Nov 17, '12 by SammiNThe results for my cohort is suppose to be out today. I was wondering when NU emails you, do they let you know if you got accepted into the program or do they tell you the results are up on the student portal? I'm afraid that if it is only available on the portal that we won't be able to check it until Sunday night because the portal will be down for maintenance at 4.
- Nov 17, '12 by ABSN2be@Sammin: I first got an email saying I got an acceptance notification from the National University Nursing department. Then another email (which was sent to all the applicants) that we can check our admission status on SOAR. A few hours later, I got an email (sent to Cohort 33 accepted students) about the orientation and compliance packet. Hope that helps! Good luck again!
- Nov 19, '12 by SammiNI got in!
- Nov 27, '12 by nissy_ncActually cappuccinespresso and CaptCrzy, I wont be attending. I am deferring till the next cohort. We had an unexpected death in the family and my orientation fee went to cover some of the funeral costs. I cant collect the 2500 by the time orientation rolls around so I am going to wait till April which will give me enough time to have the funds without causing a burden on my family. Good luck all of you who got accepted. For those who didn't, don't be discouraged, I was denied my first try at NU but on my second try got in, keep trying to improve your teas and essay score.Last edit by nissy_nc on Nov 27, '12
- Nov 27, '12 by nissy_nccongrats everyone cant wait to join you all in April. Please keep incontact as you all will have a few months of experance on me.Last edit by nissy_nc on Nov 27, '12
- Dec 5, '12 by MarineWife09Anyone here apply for cohort 34 that starts in April? I took the TEAS/ essay Nov 28. My score was an 88%. How did you all do? Congrats to everyone who was accepted for cohort 33!
- Sep 4 by sarah_dyer1983Hi Cohort 33. I am in Cohort 35, starting Pharm this month. Any tips for pharm??? We have an amazing professor...Dale Parent! :-)