CSU Channel Islands Spring 2012
- 0Sep 29, '11 by BeachsideNicI just got my acceptance letter to CSU Channel Islands Cottage Hospital BSN program at the Goleta Satellite Campus... Anyone else out there get one as well? I would love to talk to people about it who are attending the Orientation in October! I know there are only 22 spaces, so I hope that there are 21 of you out there who are reading this!
- 0Oct 1, '11 by futuresocalnurse805I'm going to call Monday because they were closed but I don't think they would accidently send me a letter when there were only 22 going out! I grew up in Ventura county and moved to sb beginning of this year. I passed by the address but didn't go in. Did u go to an info session or anything?
- 0Oct 1, '11 by BeachsideNicYeah, I'm sure the email was a mistake... I wouldn't worry too much.
I live in Long Beach now, but I used to live in Santa Barbara for 9 years and got my first BS in Biological Sciences from UCSB. I'm really excited to go back there, and especially excited about this program... I didn't go to any of the info sessions, so the only info I have is from their website and what info I could get on the net. I'm quite thrilled with our class size..22 is unheard of, and I know there are 3 full time and 3 part time professors, so it's going to be very directed and personalized study.
Did you go to the info sessions? I'd love to hear any information you might have, since we will be studying together for the next 2 1/2 years..lol... I'm realy looking forward to the orientation so we can find all all the information... Do you know if Cottage has a tuition assist program in exchange for working for them after graduation?
- 0Oct 2, '11 by liv2srfThank you! I have been to the campus once for an information session...it's great. I don't know a whole lot about the program, but I guess we'll find out all of that at the orientation. And yes I am an SB local so I've been here a long time...I'm very relieved I don't have to leave home, I was even applying to programs in Hawaii!
- 0Oct 2, '11 by BeachsideNicThat's cool... I'm excited to get back to Santa Barbara... I miss it a lot! I'm really glad that it will be a small class... I think that's the best thing about it... Other programs I have applied to have 90 or more people admitted each semester, and we have only 22 per year! I'm in Long Beach, and will be making a road trip up there on the 28th for the orientation. Here's an interesting article from the Santa Barbara Independent when the program was announced: http://www.independent.com/news/2010...e-back-health/
- 0Oct 2, '11 by futuresocalnurse805I attended an info session for the track 1 program last year but not the cottage one. I want more info too! I'm anxious! Do u know anything schedule wise like how many days a week we should expect to be in school? I still work in Ventura part time and I want to give my boss notice about my future availabilty ASAP. I know cottage has a new grad program but I don't know any specifics.