CSU Channel Islands Spring 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 2, '11 by BeachsideNicI don't know anything about the schedule... I imagine we will have to wait for the orientation session, or perhaps you can contact the coordinator for more info on days per week, etc.... I'm glad you all are finding this thread!!! Great to see an excited crew!
- Oct 6, '11 by april0401Hello there! I am applying for the Fall 2012 BSN Cohort and was wondering for those of you who were accepted.. what your points, GPA, teas, etc were prior to getting in?
- Oct 6, '11 by BeachsideNicHi...keep in mind that the fall program is at the camarillo campus, and our program is with Cottage Hospital in Goleta / Santa Barbara. I would suggest asking on a thread for the Fall CSUCI program and the responses might be more useful to compare your scores. Good Luck to u!
- Oct 8, '11 by BeachsideNicAny of you future Dolphins who live in the area...If you guys can keep an eye out for 1BR apartments in Isla Vista or Goleta, I would so greatly appreciate it! I'll be up there for the orientation and will take a look around, but it never hurts to have some extra pairs of eyes! I'm trying to keep it under or around $1000/month if possible...It's been a long time since I lived in Santa Barbara, and I know that rents have gone up! Relocating is challenging, but I am very excited to get back up there and start school!
- Has anyone heard from the University about admissions? They told me I should be getting a letter this week from them, but wanted to see if anyone else has heard...
- Oct 18, '11 by futuresocalnurse805I'm already a student so I'm not sure. That's kinda weird u heard from nursing before admissions! Well I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Can't wait til orientation!
- Yeah...they had to reclassify my application as graduate, because I already have a bachelor's and they had me as an Undergraduate. They said not to worry, but I just want that acceptance in my hand before orientation and then I can relax and enjoy it..lol
- Oct 18, '11 by liv2srfI haven't heard yet either...but I'm assuming as long as you have everything done (which of course you do because of your bachelors!) you'll be fine. I highly doubt you'd get into a competitive nursing program and not the university offering it! Keep your eyes on the mailbox and don't worry
- Thanx, Liv2srf,
In fact, I spoke with the nursing coordinator today, and she said that it's not unusual to hear from the university later... She also said that they have a very close relationship with the admissions personnel and that nursing students get priority admission once accepted into the program. That made me feel good and she got me all pumped up about the program... We are really so fortunate to be pioneers in this new program. The individualized attention we are going to receive is unparalleled. She also reminded us that it's intense and we should be prepared to dedicate the next 2 1/2 years to a toooon of work. I have faith in all of us that we will all have a great experience and end up with amazing training and a great nursing career.... I can't wait until Orientation!!!
- Oct 19, '11 by futuresocalnurse805I've also talked to a few people in nursing department and I feel a big difference between them and other programs is that programs like VC and Moorpark won't hesitate to drop you if you're not keeping up but CI will do whatever they can to help you pull through and succeed! This makes me feel really hopeful because it is going to be very intense. Even though we don't have to worry about gen ed we will be carrying a heavy load and unlike the last cohort we don't get to ease into nursing classes. They're going to throw us in the deep end and we're going to sink or swim!