i am a canadian citizen attending a california community college in my second year with the goal of getting my bsn at uci, and ultimately going to grad school. i am in the midst of finishing up my prerequisites and my gpa has remained at an average 3.76; hopefully i can get it in the 3.8 region before i begin my application.
i understand that transferring into a uc nursing program
is very competitive and i was hoping i could get some advice in ways i could jack up my application.
- cancer board of hope for 6 years
- haiti justice and awareness committee for 1 year (also includes a 7 day mission trip to haiti)
- about 500 hours of volunteer hours (non clinical)
- volunteer of the year award nominee in 2009 and 2010
- completed french immersion (ossd)
i plan on volunteering at a hospital this year for some clinical volunteer hours.
i would love to hear any recommendations on what i could do to increase my chances of acceptance!