Bay Area Nursing SalariesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Bay Area Nursing Salaries in California Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hey there California nurses. I am planning on moving to the Bay Area spring of 2013. I am NOT a new...by Levimiller2000 Aug 27, '12Hey there California nurses. I am planning on moving to the Bay Area spring of 2013. I am NOT a new graduate nurse. I have been working the last 2 years as and emergency room nurse in a level 1 trauma center. I work with every kind of patient from barely alive trauma patients straight off the helicopter, intubated respiratory failure patients, to the patient with a small cut to their pinky finger that thinks they are going to die... Prior to the Emergency Department I worked cardiac step down and am quite comfortable with telemetry, EKG interpretation and hemodynamically unstable patients. All that being said, I'm trying to research what a realistic nursing salary for the Bay Area would be. Various searches online have returned various results. I plan to work in ER or would like to go to Cardiovascular ICU when I get there. Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=777873©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,051 Views
- Aug 27, '12 by AN1324with your experience, i wouldn't be surprised if you started off at $50/hour minimum in any Bay Area city. New grads get paid in the low 40's.
- Aug 27, '12 by Levimiller2000thanks for the input.
- Sep 2, '12 by floydpinkIn San Francisco, $55-65/hour. Other cities might be a little lower.
- Sep 2, '12 by ma2lvnn3Depends on the hospital anywhere from 55-70 for the bay area!
- Sep 2, '12 by murseBSNI landed a new graduate position in San Francisco and am starting in the low 50s/hr. Your salary will undoubtedly be a little higher.