any advice i could get will be greatly appreciated.
here is my situation:
- i am in the nursing program
waiting list, i just applied.
- i am a single mom of two (3 and 1) now, but when starting nursing school
they'll be 5 and 3. i am in the process of separating now.
- i didn't work for 4 years, was stay-at-home mom.
- i have bachelor's degree in ba, never worked in my field. i already used up
my fasfa grant loan and i already took student loans which i haven't paid
- my credit score is not good (due to loans & credit cards).
- got no family support
i know that i cannot be working while in nursing school.
i am very worried about bills (rent, utilities, day-care & etc...)
when i start nursing school.
i am not even sure if i can take another student loan for a second degree.
i love science and helping others; i feel nursing is for me and i love school
but i am worried about expenses.
i am thinking to have a home-based babysitting service, that
way my kids can stay with me (save on day-care expenses) and make
enough income to survive. but i'll need to do this babysitting at nights, since
i'll be in school or clinical rotations during the day. what do you think? is this a
good idea or what?
i am assuming clinicals are always done during the days, please tell me if