GCU Summer 2012 - Page 9Register Today!
- Are you going to work while you're in the program?
- Feb 25, '12 by StoofanieYeah. I'll check to get my last one hopefully in March! I'll see the prices some places are charging! Yeah I already looked up the book Lizzyru mentioned! They seem like huge helpers! What did you get your first degree in??
I wish I had a good job right now to pay for my schooling!
- My first degree was in General Studies (kind of like Liberal Arts). I took some time off to get married and raise a family. Now, I'm going back to school to live my dream!
I priced all of the books on Lizzyru's list. On Amazon.com, the total is around $240ish I think. I would like to get all the books, but I really have to see how much money I can spare. I DEFINITELY have to get the mandatory books that we need. I'm going to go to the bookstore's website to see if I can find out any info.
- 1st 8 weeks
NUR 209 - $260
NURS 206A - $115
2nd 8 weeks
NUR 203 - $105
NUR 206B - $135
(I'll also have to take the UNV 303 course - $87)
This is the info I found as far as textbook prices from GCU's bookstore. I used info from the Spring 2012 cohort because the Summer info was not up yet. So, when it's all said and done, I'm gonna be spending close to $1000 on books - if I also get the books on Lizzyru's recommendation list, which I probably will)!
- Feb 25, '12 by ramo188is there different between regular fingerprint card and regular one?
@johnnyare : How long did it take to get your finger print card?
- Yes there is a difference between the two cards. According to the website, Section 411758.07 was enacted which placed a higher eligibility standard to receive a Level One card than what is needed for a regular card."
If I remember correctly, I think it took about 5 weeks. I think I told Stoofanie 4-6 weeks. According to the website, Fingerprint Clearance Cards Information : Online Services - Arizona Department of Public Safety
How long will it take to get my Fingerprint Clearance Card?
The average processing time is five to eight weeks depending on whether or not the person has a criminal record. Please ensure you affix sufficient postage to the envelope and place your return address in the top left corner of the envelope.
Hope this helps!!!
- Feb 26, '12 by johnnyareiAre there any others out there lurking (who were accepted to GCU for the Summer 2012 term)?
- Feb 26, '12 by StoofanieI'm waiting for my finger print packet in the mail! Thanks Johnnyarei thanks for calculating the prices. I hope some of the books lizzyru mentioned are part of the book fees! Now it's getting everything set together!
- Feb 26, '12 by johnnyareiYou're welcome! I am just SOOO ready to start. I should be finished with my COM 270 class on 5/4, so I'll be ready to start nursing classes on 5/7! I'm not too thrilled about taking UNV 303 with the nursing classes, but I will find a way to make it work!
I think that I am going to buy all of the books that Lizzyru recommended. I know that I will need them in the future anyway.
- Feb 26, '12 by StoofanieYeah that's what I was going to do too. The book list she provided was super helpful too!
Do you have to take christian world view too or just the university success course??