GCU Summer 2012 - Page 10Register Today!
- Feb 26, '12 by johnnyareiI have to take both classes. I am just going to follow their suggestions. I will be taking university success during Level 1 and Christian World View during Level 4. I know it will be a tough course load, but I couldn't afford to pay for it before hand . I just hope the books aren't too expensive.
- Feb 26, '12 by StoofanieUniversity success isn't bad at all. It's just basic writing skills! I'm taking Christian World View in March so I'll let you know how that is!! The university success book is online and I'm not sure about CWV!
- Feb 26, '12 by johnnyareiThanks.
I think that both of the courses are online. I know that University Success was an 8 week course, but did you have the option of finishing it early? I wonder if I can try to get it done within the first couple of weeks - so I can focus on my nursing courses.
- Feb 27, '12 by ASHRI was wondering the same thing I heard UNV Success was a lot of busy work and I rather get it done with before our nursing classes start. Are you guys doing anything else to prepare like reading NCLEX questions? If so what NCLEX book did you buy?
- Feb 29, '12 by johnnyareiI have not prepared with NCLEX questions yet. It would be a good idea though. I meet with my financial advisor tomorrow. I'm so nervous!!!
BTW - GCU gives physicals in their health office for $20.
- Mar 1, '12 by ramo188I just bought the NCLEX book. I bought the saunders comphrehension review for the NCLEX-RN. I read the review in amazon many people said that this book really good.
- Mar 4, '12 by johnnyareiI am going to buy an NCLEX book. I don't know which one though. I was trying to get recommendations from some people already in the program.
- Mar 6, '12 by futrnursekjI just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I'm also starting in May, but I'll be at the main campus. I'm so excited and a little nervous at the same time! I've been reading some of the earlier posts on here and it looks like we all have the same questions and concerns. I did see that there was a schedule for St. Joe's being shared and I was wondering if someone could email that to me too? I know it's a completely different campus, but I thought it still might help me get an idea of the class structure. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org if somebody does have it.
I did have a question for johnnyarei...how did your meeting with finance go? I have my meeting next week and I'm also nervous! I used most (if not all) of my allotted financial aid for my undergrad degree, so I'm not sure how I'll be paying for all of this...I'm a little hesitant to take out many more loans.
- Mar 7, '12 by johnnyareiI'll email the schedule a little later on tonight.
My meeting with the financial counselor was interesting. It was a phone conversation. Basically he broke down the cost of tuition and fees and told me what I would be responsible for. I am paying out of pocket, so I decided to sign up for the payment plan.
- Mar 12, '12 by StoofanieThey do have a payment plan for fast track? I meet with them on Wednesday. My concern to is maxing out all my undergrad loans before the programs over. I try and save for the program too that's why I work full time! I have my physical at the health center today...I'm kinda sick though hahaha