LPN with mostly LTC experience...
- 0Oct 9, '12 by LTCNSHow much of a chance would I have of getting hired on at a clinic? I have an interview this coming Thursday at a Renal Clinic. They have seen my resume' and know where most of my experience lies. I have been a MDS Nurse for more years than I have been a beside nurse but got out of it for many reasons, but have worked as a beside nurse in the last 4 months.
I also have an interview tomorrow with a Job Placement agency and have signed on as an agency nurse, but need to get my physical. Don't have $80 right now so am having to wait a few days on that.
I had a really good phone interview this morning for a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy position and am hoping for a face to face interview.
I need a job so badly and could seriously use some prayers. Thanks
- 0Oct 10, '12 by LTCNSQuote from HippyDippyLPNThank you! That makes me feel better I hope I don't flub the interview too bad. I get nervous and can be terrible at being interviewed. I seem to say all the wrong thingsI think your chances are good! They know your experience so if they did not think it was suitable I would think they would not have even called you. I had 2 years LTC when I was hired at an allergy clinic. I am now at a FP clinic.Last edit by LTCNS on Oct 10, '12 : Reason: spelling
- 0Oct 11, '12 by HippyDippyLPNI used to be super akward at interviews with but when I told myself to view this as just a person asking me questions I already know instead of an interragation (sp) it got easier. Once I relaxed and took my time to think over my answers before I said them I started to nail interviews.
- 0Oct 11, '12 by LTCNSWell...I ended up with a nasty stomach virus and couldn't make the interview so somebody else got the job
I did find out the clinic is in a very bad area of the city. The area around the clinic is a known hang out for drug dealers and high crime rates. They had been trying to fill the position for 3 months and I'm sure that's part of the reason. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be and there's something better out there. Just gonna' keep the faith and trust God to lead me.
- 0Oct 15, '12 by LTCNSWell guess what lol! Apparently the nurse they hired just last week has quit already so they want me to come and interview. I don't think so! That is the biggest red flag I have ever seen. Something is rotten in Denmark me thinks.
That said, I'm pretty sure I will get the MDS position I applied for today. Once the Administrator and Corporate gives the DON the go ahead to hire me I will start.
I was called this afternoon to interview this coming Wednesday for a position with a huge corporation. They wanted a RN but reviewed and like my resume' so they want to talk to me. Kind of nervous about that one because I know what the job involves and I have to interview with three different people. Oddly enough I am more excited about the MDS position in the little country nursing home than I am the position with the huge corporation LOL!!
God is good