Anyone starting prerequisites at CACC fall 2009?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone starting prerequisites at CACC fall 2009? in Alabama Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I was wondering if anyone on the board will be taking prerequisites this fall at CACC in...by wannabnurse09 May 11, '09I was wondering if anyone on the board will be taking prerequisites this fall at CACC in Childersburg. I want to take BIO 201 and probably math, but not sure what else I will be taking. I don't know very many people at school, so I am trying to find anyone who may be in the same boat as me.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=391052©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 745 Views
- May 13, '09 by jakesgal1904My name is Melanie..I am starting my basic courses for LPN to RN mobility this summer @ CACC.
- May 14, '09 by wannabnurse09Hi Melanie! My name is Jessica. I'm hoping to get accepted into LPN or RN for the fall 2010 term. Good luck to you this summer.
- May 14, '09 by jakesgal1904Thanks..same to you!
- May 16, '09 by Mommy_of_3_in_AL..RNnot taking prereqs now..igraduated there in December. My best advice on what to take now, before admission, is to take everything you can...the worst thing i think you can do is to try to juggle nursing classes with basics. Also, by getting all the basics out of the way, and doing well, you up your GPA and have a better chance at admission. It also seems like you get a little more consideration if you have your basics done, becuase they know you will be able to concentrate your time on nursing. So, look at the basics needed for nursing, and take all that you can..if you can take 3-5 classes a semester, and juggle them fine, do it..
- May 17, '09 by wannabnurse09Thanks Mommy of 3! That is exactly what my plan is....getting my basics out of the way first. I even plan on taking Eng 101 again because I made a C in it 10 years ago when I first began college. That will help my GPA and give me extra points for admission. I am a little nervous about the biology classes, since I don't know what to expect.
- May 17, '09 by Mommy_of_3_in_AL..RNI am not really sure about the Bio classes now...the teacher i had, who was great, is no longer there. I also retook some classes, because i had to bring the 1.7 GPA i had up to get it (i went to another school after high school, and chose to leave when i became pregnant, and didnt follow the proper course for withdrawl, so i ended up with F's in all my classes...) Anyway, when it was all said and done, i was admitted after a year of prereqs and a 2.58 GPA. I olny had to take micro and an elective during my first semester of nursing classes. CACC really is a good school, and the instructors are great. I wish you the best of luck, and if i can help in anyway, just let me know!
- May 17, '09 by jakesgal1904I am currently enrolled in three basic courses this summer 2009, and I should start LPN to RN mobility in Spring 2010 if accepted....By the time my nursing courses begin, I will have Micro left to take...All prayers are needed and welcomed!