I am nurse from the Philippines, I graduated year 2010, with one year of job experience.
A few days ago my aunt proposed to me a job opportunity in the UK as a travel nurse. She is working in Cali and she got the idea from a co-worker(travel nurse) which is now assigned in the UK, from then on she wants me to process my papers so I could go and work there.
I browsed and inquired in some sites, and imo I understand well the process on how to get there through the NMC and ONP application. But I have some questions/clarifications before I start reviewing for my IELTS and asking money from my aunt because she'll be sponsoring me.
(1) Once i was approved by the NMC, will I immediately be qualified for the ONP? Or that requires a different application?
(2) Will they be the one to choose the school where I will be studying(ONP)? If not, what school offers cheap but good teachings of the program?
(3) What visa is most appropriate for ONP? Will I really be only staying in UK for 20 days?
(4) We have no relatives in the UK, so when i get there, I'll be living on my own. Are there universities that offer board/lodging for ONP takers? How much is the average cost of living in UK, esp if you're on your own?
(5) Is employment good nowadays in UK, that after I passed all the applications(NMC and ONP) there is a relatively good chance that I would be hired as a general nurse/travel nurse? Or there are newly enforced laws that regulated working in UK?
I hope someone will have the time to answer all my questions. I really have a messed up thinking right now, as everyone in the family is pressuring me on this, but that's okay I know this is all for the success of my career. Will be waiting for your replies, thank you all.