UAB AMNP Spring 2014Register Today!
- by hoosier10 Aug 12Hey everyone! I have found this site useful in the past and thought I would finally post on here. I have applied for UABs AMNP program for January. If accepted, I will be an out-of-state student, and it's going to be kind of expensive so I want all information I can get. If anyone is in this program or has spoken to someone in the program I'd like to hear some feedback. Also, I have heard mixed things about job outlook. Anyone have thought or experience with that? Any comments will be helpful! I also applied to the 2nd Degree BSN as a back up if I change my mind or am not accepted to the AMNP program.
- 2,216 Views
- Aug 23 by earthsaltI'm in the Fall 2013 ACNP cohort at UAB. We were told during our orientation that out of state students paid the same rate as in state students because they had gotten some kind of grant.
- Aug 26 by TheMollyThat's great news Earthsalt. I have also applied for Summer 2014. Hoosier, I noticed you said spring semester starts in January. I was under the impression that they only started in Fall and Summer. My app deadline is 10/2014 but I have had everything submitted for a month. Does anyone know actual start dates? I would love it if I could start in January.( if I even get accepted)
- Aug 26 by earthsaltIt's my understanding that they now only start in the summer and fall semesters for the general entry NP programs for those who are already BSN prepared nurses. This (http://www.uab.edu/nursing/home/imag..._NP_Family.pdf) link shows a sample plan of study for each start date with the summer start date actually having one more semester than the fall.
It does appear, however, that the AMNP program does still have a spring start date.
- Aug 26 by hoosier10The AMNP program starts in the Spring (Jan) which is different from the other programs. The website also shows a Sept deadline. So whenever UAB spring classes start will be when the program beings. I'm assuming Jan 6. How do feel your app? I feel like I have a good chance, and then sometimes I worry and think I won't get in!