Future nurses getting used to the job - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 8, '12 by kgreggtHANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HONESTY! FOR ME ITS....CERTAIN SMELLS? POOP...VOMIT...IM TOLD (WORK WITH NURSES) THATS THIS WILL PASS!!!! i HOPE SO... because I dry heave if I smell poop or vomit?
- Mar 8, '12 by qestoutCopious mucus, and any type of prolapse.
- Mar 8, '12 by hecallsmeDuchessWhat gets to me are throat secretions(the slurpy sound of suctioning), the smell of rotting, infected flesh and vomit! Poop I can deal with...
- Mar 8, '12 by frankie,RNYou guys are going to think I'm nuts. I work in a Peds trach/vent facility. Poop, emesis, tracheal secretions, whatever bodily fluids are ok with me. What bothers me is the smell of certavite, which is a liquid adult vitamin. Oh yeah, suction canisters that haven't been emptied.
- Mar 8, '12 by RN58186Sputum. Not much else..... Trachs used to bother me until my best friend's son came home with one when he was 3 months old, got over that really quick then. My dad had COPD (died long before I was a nurse), and to this day I cannot handle sputum. Blech!!
- May 26, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑Sputum