Eishenhower Medical Center

U.S.A. California

Published

How is working @Eisenhower Medical in Palm Springs??? How do they treat their nurses? I am considering a move out there from Los Angeles, where I have been an RN for eight years.

My mom has been in and out of there for a few years now. What I notice when I brave the 122 degree heat to go visit here is an extremely clean, well appointed facility with valet parking. They also have VERY LITTLE turn over which tells you how happy the staff is.

They have bar coded charting in the patient rooms, which are very nice. All the staff I have talked to tell me they are very happy, feel supported and are relaxed, have time to spend with patients and family members etc. I never saw a haggard, grumpy or unhappy person there (besides the patients!)

They do attract some fabulous long term contract agency nurses who wait in line for a position to open up, check with an agency regarding housing, sign on, bonus for completion etc.

I would work there in a heartbeat if I could stand to live in that desert but I am not cut out for that, I enjoy the out doors way too much.

Palm Springs is a very nice place, low crime, lot's of pride and community, and if you can stand the heat, I would absolutely reccomend this hospital above and beyong any others my mom has been in. She loves it, they treat her and my dad great, even let my dad bring their little dog in to visit my mom.

She gets a private room with a hx of mrsa and the nursing staff all look forward to the puppy visits too!

I believe Eisenhower Medical Center is in Rancho Mirage or Palm Desert. Desert Regional Medical Center is in Palm Springs....

Yes, the heat can get pretty bad and it stays warm/hot from about may and starts to cool off in September and sometimes October. Weather has been unusual for the past two years i would say. The desert here is really growing and property has gone up, up, up. :uhoh21:

I was a patient at Eisenhower in their cancer center and it was the nicest place I have been to yet. ( I have been to some in San Jose and Palm Springs.) Here is a link to another post that is similar to this one.

And comparing the size of Palm Springs and how long I have lived there, I wouldn't necessarily say it has a low crime rate... well, not by what i have seen and heard....(mostly in the summer). This past month alone there have been 2 deaths in the motel right next to where i work. Transients everywhere.... :rolleyes:

https://allnurses.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121677

+ Add a Comment