UDC 2011 Fall LPN programRegister Today!
- by Kjai02 May 24, '11I plan to start my classes at the Bertie Backus Campus in the fall for the lpn program. If anyone has any helpful positive advice or pointers who have been in this program I would greatly appreciate. Also if you have any text book recommendations or old books to donate I would greatly appreciate it.
- Jun 21, '11 by spete39I have made a few posts about this program...so if you want you can take a look at my page. I finished the program in October 2010, and I passed the Nclex in April 2011...I know that's a huge gap but that school put us through so much just to get be cleared to take the Nclex...anyways, I must say there are very few jobs in DC for new grad LPNs...I don't have a job as an LPN...most of my classmates are still without a job or still working as techs and cna's...I still work as a tech because my hospital don't want to hire anymore new LPN's because they're "phasing LPN's out"...so just be aware that program and the job search is not going to be easy and I definitely wish you the best.
- Jun 22, '11 by Kjai02Would you recommend that instead I should continue with the AASN program at UDC to and get my RN license that way? Im already two years in , but the reason I considered doing the LPN program was because I was ready to get in the field. What do you think ?
- Jun 23, '11 by spete39Well if I had the chance to do it over again, I would just go straight through with the RN program, given the fact that our program started in Sept 2009 and ended in Sept/Oct 2010, but it's June 2011...and I still have no job...my hospital and like many others would rather take a new grad RN over a new grad or experienced LPN any day...like I said before, the vast majority of my classmates still have no job, and the ones who are employed as an LPN moved away from the DC metro area.
- Oct 9, '12 by livelikegoldQuote from collegetsso how do you like the program since starting in March. Im considering attending and was wonder what is the the lpn validation course???Just found out today that i passed the entrance exam for the March 26, 2012. I have to schedule for a in person interview. Please, what happens next. Cost breakdown, loans, books, and uniform.