Riverside ICU for New Grad?Register Today!
- by varn80 Aug 4, '06Hi. I was recently offered a position at Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News in the ICU. I am a new graduate BSN and I was wondering if there is anyone who could tell me what is it like to work for this hospital. It seemed like the staff was very friendly and the working environment looked safe, clean, organized, and up to date. I would like a little input if anyone has any experience with this hospital. Thank you.Last edit by varn80 on Aug 4, '06
- Aug 14, '06 by austephHello! I, too was recently offered a position with Riverside on another floor. The staff there seems very friendly as well. If I am not mistaken, I believe the ICU has just been re-done. It is set up much nicer than it was before. I visited there with another nurse while in school and did a tour with the old set up and then with the new set up. One of our instructors in school works for the hospital and we were able to meet some of the other staff (nurse managers, etc) from other floors and I seemed to get a very good feeling from those people. They all seemed pretty content and happy for the most part. I don't know if this helped as I personally have not worked there, but I hope it may shed some light... Have a great afternoon!
- Aug 17, '06 by varn80When do you start? What floor? Maybe we'll see each other. I'm starting Sept 5 with hospital orientation. Riverside seems a lot more cozy than other places, less impersonal, I guess. That's the feeling I get. I liked it. I hope it works out for both of us. Thanks and good luck.
- Aug 17, '06 by austephI am supposed to be working on 4West which is the hospitalist unit. I just graduated from LPN school a few weeks back. My orientation is scheduled for next week, however, my husband got into an accident on a motorcycle just a fews days ago, so I may have to reschedule if he needs further treatment next week. Yes, maybe we will see each other. I really think they come across as trying to be very personable with their pts and staff. Good luck to you as well. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. Thanks and have a good afternoon!
- Aug 17, '06 by varn80Serious? How scary!! Is he okay? How weird is it that I don't even know you, but I'm worried about you? Good luck. I hope everything turns out okay for you guys.
- Aug 17, '06 by austephThank you so much for your concern. It is funny how we worry about people when we just communicate through the computers! Anyway, he is okay, thank goodness. A young girl side swiped him and pinned his leg in between her car and the motorcycle. His ankle is pretty messed up and his job requires him to be on his feet all day long. We're going to the doctors this afternoon to follow up from the emergency room visit. His ankle is now starting to turn all sorts of pretty colors. He doesn't like to be down so he is starting to get stir crazy and starting to drive me crazy as well! Again, thank you for your concern!