UTHSCSA-Summer 2013 Accelerated - page 5
by resilient 32,954 Views | 219 Comments
Hello All, I am not sure if a thread has already started for the Bacc2 program,but I wanted to stay updated on the status of all the hopefuls out here. The deadline is soon approaching so hopefully I can stay patient during the... Read More
- 0You're welcome Nurse101010. I was wondering if any of you plan to work while in the program (if we get in, I mean). I am considering taking a PRN CNA job right now at a hospital to help save money before school, but I don't want to take the job and quit 5 or 6 months later. They require a minimum of 4 shifts per month (12HR night shifts).... I'm not sure what to do, because they called me yesterday to offer me the job. What do you guys think?
- 0Quote from nurse101010Are you talking about UTHSCSA? They did extend their deadline until 12/3/12. I received an email fro NursingCAS about it, and I saw it on the school's website. I'm still hoping we hear by tomorrow, thoughI checked the website. They did not extend their deadline like the UTMB. I am hoping they will have their decision out by tomorrow or next week... Please post as soon as you receive your email of invite...
- 0If I were you I will take the job. It is PRN so they do not really require you to be there every time they needed you. It helps in getting your mind off the waiting stress, plus additional income is beneficial to your wallet. If you needed to leave, most companies will not take it against you if your purpose is to further your studies. You might even get financial help from them. Most facilities have scholarships. As long as you work 1 shift a month, you can get financial help from them (they just do not tell that to you before they hire you because they do not want you to be working less, it defeats the purpose of why they are hiring you in the first place).
- 0But they specifically said they require a minimum of 4 shifts per month. The issue right now is that I work full time M-F 9a-5p. This PRN job would be a 2nd job and its nights. The ONLY way to fit 4 night shifts per month right now is to commit to work every Saturday night. I'm just not sure....
- 0Dec 6, '12 by Ashley2561It sure did, thanks! And about the second job, I would take it. I plan on working while in school and I know that right now I am going to work 24 hours over the weekend, unless school runs over onto to the weekend. I am also sure they will not hold it against you for bettering your education. Are you still going to work at your current full time job? I hope we know tomorrow!
- 0Dec 6, '12 by iristhevirusHi everyone!
I just realized this thread existed!!! I can't wait to hear back from the school. I've applied to a few schools but San Antonio's my first choice. Does anyone know how many applicants there were this year? Also, does anyone know if the school offers housing? I don't want to jinx it but I'm already beginning to search for housing options. Good luck to everyone!! Hopefully we all get accepted