UTHSCSA-Summer 2013 Accelerated - page 19
Hello All, I am not sure if a thread has already started for the Bacc2 program,but I wanted to stay updated on the status of all the hopefuls out here. The deadline is soon approaching so hopefully I can stay patient during the... Read More
- 0Feb 27, '13 by marikadanielleI'm getting the Mac as well. Most likely the smaller one. Nina - I just received the email yesterday in the official email account. Make sure to check there! I haven't actually opened all of the attachments yet so I'm not sure how we contact them about it, but I'm pretty sure it's a form that we have to fill out.
Ashley - Thanks for the heads up about the online training!
- 0I was thinking about getting the Mac too. I am leaning towards the larger one, only because my current laptop is a 15" and I'm not too sure how small the 13'' actually is. Also, I am not a fan of Dell Products; however, I haven't used one in over 8 years, and I haven't bothered to look up reviews either.
Just got the email that we need to email Mrs. F instead.
- 0Feb 27, '13 by haniakBased on what former students have said, I'm getting the MAC too. I emailed Ms. F**** (apparently Ms.R**** is no longer handling our paperwork?) but she told me we have to pay for the computer ahead of time and will be reimbursed for it through financial aid afterwards. I don't know how that will work though.
- 0I got that email too. She isn't at the HSC anymore. I hope all of our documents got transferred over safely. Looking at the computer email,it looks like there is already about 80 people in the program.
Other threads have mentions of people having issues with the Dell plus they are the most expensive. Can anyone recommend good housing/apt areas in SA?
- 0Quote from NinaAnder1225I was going to go ahead and forward Mrs. F all emails I have recently sent to Ms. P... I would rather be safe than sorry...I got that email too. She isn't at the HSC anymore. I hope all of our documents got transferred over safely. Looking at the computer email,it looks like there is already about 80 people in the program.
Also, while I am currently studying at OU, I am originally from San Antonio, so I will probably go ahead and live with my parents during Nursing School. However, because I was originally thinking of living on my own/with my boyfriend, I was told from friends and family that there are apartment options near campus. Housing can get expensive for one bedrooms, it might be best to try and live with others....Last edit by Ashley2561 on Feb 27, '13 : Reason: Type
- 0Feb 28, '13 by Melissa1986Quote from NinaAnder1225I have very little experience with apple products, besides the occasional iPad use, so I'm really not sure which computer to get. For those of you talking about getting MAC's, do you normally use PC products right now or MAC? I don't want to have trouble working my computer on top of doing nursing school. Any thoughts?Other threads have mentions of people having issues with the Dell plus they are the most expensive. Can anyone recommend good housing/apt areas in SA?
- 0Feb 28, '13 by marikadanielleI used to use a Dell religiously even though I had so many issues with overheating and occasional viruses. I always had a tough time dealing with their customer support as well. I bought my Macbook Pro (13") in 2010 maybe? I've been using it since and have only had one issue when sending emails with large attachments. I personally have been converted to an apple fan, however I haven't tried out any of the new PCs to see if there has been improvement on their part. My husband and the rest of my family have also switched over to using Macbook Pros.
In addition, I believe I remember an email from one of the staff members at UTHSCSA saying that they recommend getting one of the Macbook Pros since a lot of students had issues with the PCs last year. Something to keep in mind!