Looking for students who are applying to Brookhaven in Fall 2012 to start Spring 2013 - Page 12Register Today!
- Dec 13, '12 by BriterzThe first day of clinical is not bad at all. Mainly on your first day you are just being oriented to the unit, learning where all the supplies are, helping our the nurse you are assigned to, etc.
My first day of clinical wasn't too bad. In my clinical group we paired off with another student and the 2 of us just followed a nurse around for the day helping the nurse with her patients. We took vitals, changed briefs, bed pans, helped pt to bathroom, repositioned pts, bed baths, etc. but it was nice because I was with another student so it wasn't as overwhelming.
- Dec 13, '12 by SA2009What a relief - some friends of mine went to nursing school in another state. Their clinicals started 2 weeks after they started school and they spend the 1st day of clinicals alone ... one of my friends felt very lost and really didn't know what to do. They were not asigned to any nurses.
I'm very happy to hear that your experience has been a good one
- Dec 13, '12 by BriterzOh and you won't start clinical until about 6 weeks into the semester. During those first 6 weeks you will have "pre-clinical" lab instead where you will learn basic skills such as pulses, vitals, and physical assessment.
- Dec 13, '12 by SA2009Wonderful! It's so exciting...
- Dec 22, '12 by BriterzIf you guys want to keep in contact with me please PM me and I can give you my facebook and/or email address I just went through 1st semester and I wish I had a 'go-to' person who was further into the program so I could ask questions/get advice from other than advice in these threads on this message board. Feel free to contact me any time
Happy Holidays!! Try to relax over this break because once the semester starts it's a roller coaster ride!
- Dec 22, '12 by JosephQueenIs the bundle not available online? I can't seem to find it on the bookstore website.
- Jan 8 by JosephQueenWell, just got all my books (correct editions) from online websites. No names but you know the big name online vendors. Saved almost 400 dollars compared to the place that provides our scrubs and over 500 dollars compared to campus bookstore. This is not for braggin rights. Just a heads up to those like myself that value a few hundred dollars saved.
- Jan 8 by SA2009Good for you!! ... should've thought about that .. oh well!