Lonestar Montgomery LVN 2012Register Today!
- by Cnawrot Nov 8, '11Hi all, just wondering who will be applying to the LVN program for May 2012 @ LSCS Montgomery. I take the HESI 11/10. Super excited but also very nervous.Last edit by Cnawrot on Nov 8, '11 : Reason: Sorry put the wrong year in title. :)
- Nov 10, '11 by CnawrotTook the HESI today. 90% overall for English. Comes out to 7.6 points total out of 8. Hopefully it's good enough.
- Jan 28, '12 by WARNstudenthey,
i took the hesi last week and got a 93.33% on the english composite. i received a 4.0 in a&p so my official application score is 7.7332. overall i thought the hesi was a breeze except for that a&p section! i was very concerned that i was going to not make the 70% on that section. thankfully i got an 80% but i swear i must have had some divine intervention because very little of it was familiar to me. i'm also applying to the adn programs for august. i would prefer adn but my score is a lot lesscompetitive due to bs in english and psych. i have a 11.0059 for the adn application. i'm worried that i won't make it and then will have wasted a year of my life. the dilemma is that if i am accepted for the may start program at montgomery, i will have to make a decision before i know if i'm accepted into any of the other programs.
- Jan 28, '12 by WARNstudentSo it looks like doing the LVN program followed by the transition program adds a semester to the overall process. The way it looks to me is that the added semester is in the fall so you wouldn't be able to pick up where you left off until the spring at the earliest. Also, they seem to accept significantly fewer transition students. I assume that the LVN classes are identical to the ADN classes for the first year. Does anyone know if it's possible to apply to just continue with the ADN students? I assume that spots open up due to attrition. I'm curious as to other people's thoughts on possible disadvantages (or advantages if you can think of any) of doing the LVN-transition track vs ADN basic track. Thanks!
- Feb 27, '12 by WARNstudentI got my acceptance letter today! Have you received anything?
- Apr 4, '12 by CkfombyI got an alternet letter in March. I don't know how many alternets there are but I am keeping my fingers crossed. See you at orentation.
- Apr 5, '12 by WARNstudentQuote from CkfombyI don't know either. There hasn't been much activity regarding this particular program Best of luck and I'll see you on the 19th!I got an alternet letter in March. I don't know how many alternets there are but I am keeping my fingers crossed. See you at orentation.
- Sep 27, '12 by stefonee356Is there a link someone can put on here so i can see what EXACTLY the prereqs are for lonestar's LVN program? I am having trouble finding it!
- Sep 27, '12 by okiki.olaQuote from stefonee356Here is the link:Is there a link someone can put on here so i can see what EXACTLY the prereqs are for lonestar's LVN program? I am having trouble finding it!