Grayson County College LVN peeps?
- 0May 30, '12 by nursemommy4Curious who else is out there that is applying for LVN at Grayson? How'd you do on your TEAS? Anyone have any idea of what scores typically get in and is everyone else as anxious/nervous as I am? Feel free to introduce yourself and I hope to see you all in the fall
Perhaps some current Grayson LVN students can comment on what their TEAS V scores were and what to expect?
- 5,913 Visits
- 0May 31, '12 by Ike ArumbaHi! I am also applying for the LVN program at Grayson. I took my TEAS May 18th and I have all of my other stuff turned in already, so now I'm just waiting. The wait is going to make me crazy! I am very anxious as well. I was accepted last year, but because of finances and the commute distance I had I wasn't able to start. I have since moved closer and so I have my fingers crossed that I can get accepted again this year.
When the director talked to us before the testing session she said that high to mid 70's usually get accepted. She said that sometimes they get down into the high 60's but that doesn't happen often. Hope that helps.
Good luck and I hope to see you in the fall as well!
- 0Jun 2, '12 by KatalinaI'm also trying to get in. I took the TEAS on May 25th. My score is 83.3%.
Reading some of the posts from last year it looks like Ike Arumba is right. Around mid 70's gets in. Last year several people in the 60's got in also.
I think the most important part is to make sure all your paperwork is in. I keep going over the check list..over and over. I'm so afraid of forgetting something and getting bumped to the bottom of the list! I'm fairly certain all my paperwork is in. I guess I just can't help but worry.
- 0Jun 2, '12 by Ike ArumbaLol I've been checking over the list over and over again just to make sure I didn't forget anything too! I am paranoid that I've forgotten something! I sure hope I get in. I only got 80% for my score. Hopefully that will be enough. Now I'm even more worried! :uhoh21:Last edit by Ike Arumba on Jun 2, '12 : Reason: added words
- 0Quote from Ike ArumbaThat's a good score! Well, at least I hope it is, since mine is only a smidgen higher. Lol. I thought it was a good score after reading the old threads. I just hope this year is like last. This wait is about to drive me crazy.Lol I've been checking over the list over and over again just to make sure I didn't forget anything too! I am paranoid that I've forgotten something! I sure hope I get in. I only got 80% for my score. Hopefully that will be enough. Now I'm even more worried! :uhoh21:
- 0Yeah. The deadline to turn everything in is the 10th. I think it usually takes 2-3 weeks to sort through all the applications and make the decisions. When the director gave her little speech before the test when I took it she said it would be around the 4th of July before we got a letter, but when I got my letter last year I had it by the 26th of June, so I have no idea. I know that closer to the end of the month I will so be stalking my poor mailman!Last edit by Ike Arumba on Jun 3, '12 : Reason: added info