Can you work in public health setting with only a masters in PH?Register Today!
- by believe777 May 6, '08I am wondering what kinds of jobs are out there for a BA (in non-nursing field) plus a Master in Public Health? Are most of the public health/patient education jobs going to RN’s? Does only having a masters in public health limit your options? I am thinking it would… Thanks for your help.
- May 6, '08 by JolieI can't speak for public health agencies, but a large hospital system in our area employs MPHs to plan and provide public education, outreach and screenings for various health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, aging, women's health, etc.
- May 7, '08 by SunshinePHNIn the local Health Dept. I work in, the Masters in PH is required to be a health educator. No nursing degree needed, although after a couple presentations with our educators, I think a nursing degree wouldn't be a bad idea. Just seems like there are a couple of subjects they did not have a good knowledge base of. But, as far as I know, no nursing is needed.
- Dec 22, '08 by MyethpioDo any of you know if a CNS would suffice in this type of role?
- Jan 13, '11 by odinhoub2422I too am wondering this same thing because I can't decide on my master's degree, MPH, CNS or NP. I would love to be a health educator, does anyone know which one would lead to a career like that