2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 15, '12 by ktom805Hello!
I am reviewing my application before I submit. I wanted to double check AllNurses to see if I happened to miss anything.
A few things:
For the essay, it says Please limit your answer to a maximum of 1000 words. so I don't believe there is a 2 page minimum like other schools. I wrote a longer essay for UPenn - about 989 words. Did I miss something, like in a chat or open house that says it has to be 2 pages?
For the Activities, Organizations, and Resume, I just uploaded my extended CV - which is 2 pages and covers all my work/research/volunteer/organizations/leadership etc. I asked admissions if I still needed to write anything under each section in addition to my CV and they said I don't have to do both, one or the other is fine. Did anyone do both, the CV and fill in the essays?
Lastly, for the pre-reqs portion, when I review the PDF summary, it shows developmental psychology. But on the page you input the classes, I don't see anything about psychology pre-req. Am I missing something? I completed the class, but there is no where to input that information.
Any help is appreciated! Good luck to everyone!
p.s. I'll be going to the open house in SF this Friday!
- Oct 15, '12 by hopefulnurse24I wrote in the essays, and I attached a resume. I used the essays to go into great detail about what exactly I did that was included on my resume.
- Oct 16, '12 by hollysfI submitted my application earlier today and it feels soo good. One of my recommenders never wrote my letter (she's been out of the country with limited internet access...) and so I ended up having to go with my back up recommender. I am so thankful that I had a back up. I worry my application won't be as strong as a result, but I have decided that the next few months are going to be filled with only positivity and optimism! I am excited for the San Francisco information session on Friday! I'll see you guys there
- Oct 16, '12 by kdiemHey Cjacobs2! I remember reading somewhere that they will give out notifications for interviews around mid-November for December interviews. That's only 1 month away!
- Oct 16, '12 by PNPhopefulHi everyone!
I submitted my app yesterday and it feels so good to have it out of my hands! Now the wait begins
Katherine, I also noticed that a few things in the PDF review weren't in the actual app. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem and they can look at transcripts for verification.
Holly, please let us know how the info session goes! I wish I could make it but I live in LA and can't get out of work
All we can do now is stay positive till we get more news!
- Oct 17, '12 by hopefulnurse24Yes, please let us know how the info session goes! I would love to hear.
I actually didn't check the PDF, I just went through and made sure I answered all of the questions. They should be emailing us within the next few weeks if we are missing anything in the application that they need. I'm excited to hear back about an interview, but nervous! November is pretty soon.
- Oct 17, '12 by bardoneHey all --
I, too, will be at this Friday's info session in SF. I'll be the one wearing glasses that have gold sparkles on half of them -- don't be afraid to say hello if you want to!
After submitting my application, I tried to check it via the .pdf, but the file actually downloaded as a Dreamweaver file filled with unintelligible gobbledygook. Who knows -- I checked my application like 50 bazillion times -- so it's probably fine and I hope they'll tell me if something significant is amiss.
My resume was a straightforward 2 pages tailored for the application process (not for jobseeking -- it included lots of non-healthcare-related work I've done that I wouldn't put on a CNA resume). I also entered information into all 3 of the "extras" fields (healthcare research, healthcare related work, unemployment/travel). My statement was 2 pages; I believe it addressed the required subjects in a concise manner...
ReInventor and Phillies331 -- I know UPenn has opinions about where you get your prereq credits from. I think it is absolutely worth your while to check in with them about what schools they are OK with. I am not sure if Penn accepts credits from online classes -- if they do, I would again run your online institution by them first.
One loophole I heard med students talking about in a prereq class at UC Berkeley Extension involves taking online prereqs on the same semester schedule as the in-person courses (Sept.-Dec., Jan-May, etc.); apparently the UCBX transcripts do not reveal whether the courses were taken online or not. Food for thought.Last edit by bardone on Oct 17, '12
- Oct 17, '12 by hollysfbardone,
I wear glasses too- they're mostly black. I have longish brownish hair and I have my nose pierced (not for much longer though!). I will try and find you, and if anyone recognizes me, please say hello
I'll be sure to take notes and I will report back with lots of information for everyone on Friday evening.
- Oct 17, '12 by kdiemHey holly! I won't be able to make the info sesh either this Friday. I can't wait to hear how it goes!
- Oct 18, '12 by hopefulnurse24I'm really excited to hear how it goes! Please keep us updated. Sometimes I wish I didn't live in the south, where I'm so isolated from these programs! I never get to visit or anything like that