New Grad Neuro Stepdown ICURegister Today!
This is a discussion on New Grad Neuro Stepdown ICU in Neuro Intensive Care Nursing, part of Critical Care Nursing ... Hello everyone. I am a New Grad as of May 09 and I start my first RN job next Monday, one week from...by mrsshifflette09 Sep 20, '09Hello everyone. I am a New Grad as of May 09 and I start my first RN job next Monday, one week from tomorrow. I am VERY nervous right now about several things. First, I want to know if it is normal for a new grad to feel like they don't know nearly enough. I studied like crazy in school and passed NCLEX with 75 questions 1st try, but I still feel like I don't know nearly enough to start working. I am also nervous about fitting in at the hospital. I am 20 years old, I worked as a CNA for 1 year, and I am also married. I feel like I will be a lot younger than a lot of my co-workers. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am SO nervous!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=425392©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,764 Views
- Sep 21, '09 by labmanHey congrats on passing NCLEX
Advice I have for you is not to be too suprized about what any head injury says (the craziest things). What vasospasm is for cerebral aneurisms rupturing. How to diffuse difficult situations...
Take care good luck
- Sep 25, '09 by ello7You'll be surprised by how much you know when you get out there, and if you don't know something, ASK. There's no shame in it. I think just about everyone felt like they didn't know anything when they first started. Heck, some days I still have that feeling. As a new grad, you're expected to learn when you first start out. No one starts off knowing everything.
As for feeling young, I was in the same position. When I was a new grad, I was the youngest on the floor, including the CNAs. Overall, I had no issues with it. We're all professionals.
Good luck with everything!
- Sep 25, '09 by mrsshifflette09Thanks, That makes me feel MUCH better. I'll let you all know how my first day on the floor goes!
- Jan 17, '11 by paolountalan26Hi,
I am a new graduate nurse who will have my interview next week at a major hospital for the Neuro-ICU position. I just have some questions:
1. Will it be very difficult for me to work as a new grad in the Neuro-ICU?
2. What are the usual cases i will encounter daily?
3. What is the essential skill i need to have in order to be a successful Neuro-ICU nurse?
4. What's the most frustrating thing and the best thing about being a Neuro-ICU RN?
5. What interview questions do they usually ask???
6. What's the most stressful thing you've experienced in this unit??
I am so anxious about my coming interview. Hope someone could help me. I really want to get the job.
Thank you in advance and God Bless you all!!