Chattahoochee Technical College Spring 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Aug 14, '12 by lnicole35Thanks for the links and call me Lisa! See you soon. :-)
- Thanks Nicole, I actually bought the McGraw-Hill book, and it is a great book! Who did you take for A&P?
- You are welcome Lisa, see you soon!
- CTC does do student loans but not federal loans like stafford loan, but they do take private loans. I will be doing my loan through regions bank/ sallie Mae.
I am not eligible for hope until march 2013... 24 months of residing in Georgia. do I know what its like having to pay for classes. But like you said - if there's a will there's a way! We will get through it one way or another, that's what my husband always tell me!
- Oh great! That is really good to know! Never give up on your dreams, we want this too bad for something not to pull through! I had to learn the hard way about being more positive... So, I will continue to spread that to anyone who feels defeated!
- So this class we are about to take used to be in the program curriculum? Wow, I had no idea. So we are actually going to learn how to properly feed our patients... I am really excited about this now! Now I see why people are saying can jump up and bite you in the butt. Yay! I need a good challenge to take my mind off the next 2 months waiting for this letter.
Lisa- you are still planning on continuing if you get the acceptance letter right? Despite the financial issues? I hope so!
- Oh ok, I heard Erica Greene was good, but very easy. I don't want anyone so easy that I don't learn the material because that class is going to hunt us throughout the program. I heard Grecco and Quattlebaum were very good as well. I took College Algebra and General Psychology back in 2004 and they wont take the classes because the said I have to change over to the RN program and take those pre-reqs, they dont mix pre-reqs...that sucks!
- Quote from LPN-soon2beI would get a second opinion on that for sure because my classes were take while in the RN program (psych and algebra) and they took my grades (both As) I don't know if you were informed correctly about that...Oh ok, I heard Erica Greene was good, but very easy. I don't want anyone so easy that I don't learn the material because that class is going to hunt us throughout the program. I heard Grecco and Quattlebaum were very good as well. I took College Algebra and General Psychology back in 2004 and they wont take the classes because the said I have to change over to the RN program and take those pre-reqs, they dont mix pre-reqs...that sucks!
Did you take them at a different school and they credit won't transfer or what is the reasoning behind not allowing you to use those grades?!
- Yes Callie, some schools still have it in the program. My friend goes to Columbus Tech and this is her first semester in the program and she is taking Diet and Nutrition and Pharmacology. And the girl whos book I have went to Chatt Tech and she took this class in the program, so it is exciting to know this is more of a nursing class. We will learn about special diets for infants, women that are pregnant/breast feeding, diabetic patients, patients w/ kidney dieseases, terminally ill patients and so on. How to incorporate their meals in our care plans and how to correctly make a meal plan. We will learn about the type of diets Dieticians and Speech Therapist set for elderly patients like a liquid only diet, mechanical soft diet, pureed diet and so on. We will also learn about when patients are on certain meds, what foods and drinks they cannot have while on this particular medication. It may be interesting after all. I hope Lisa continues with the program as well!