Good luck, Carmen, on recertification and in school.
I have worked for years as a CNA and HHA. These answers are totally off the top of my head. Others can feel free to correct me.
26. Which Items of Personal hygiene should Home Health Aides perform every day? Personal hygiene would consist of bathing--bed bath, shower, or tub bath. Hair washed, teeth brushed, shave (for men), clean clothing put on, sheets changed. Nails clipped PRN unless its a diabetic patient. I am sure I have left something out here, maybe someone else has more to add on this one.
28 When feeding a patient who cannot feed themselves, Home Health Aides should ? Assist feeding the pt. Soft foods for pts with dentures or pureed foods for pts with no teeth. Keeping track of how much is eaten and fluids that are drank.
29. The pulse is usually felt where on a patient? The pulse is found on the inside (underside) of the wrist--thumb side.
30. Which type of patient may develope bedsores? Bed ridden, and wheelchair ridden patients.
31. To prevent legs and ankles from swellling while patients sit for long periods of time, the Home Health Aide should? Change pts position every so often. Recline the patient, or prop the feet up on pillows or an ottoman to relieve pressure.
32. Range of motion excercises are done by patients to? Increase circulation. Extremities...Arms, legs? Not sure what they are asking here, lol.
34. Signs of approaching death include? Lack of or poor vital signs. Weak or extremely slow pulse, extremely low B/P, decreased respirations. Unresponsiveness, mottling in the extremities.
35. If a fire occurrs while in the client's home and you call the fire department, tell them.? There is a fire, and the address, and get the pt. out asap. If the pt is bed ridden, you will need help ASAP!
38. As a Homemaker/Home Health Aide, it is your responsibility to? Assist the pt with personal hygiene and meals, provide companionship and a reasonably clean atmosphere.
43. Bed patients should have thwir position changed? At least every 2hrs.