Waiting for a reply to masters application?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Waiting for a reply to masters application? in Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I had applied a few weeks ago for a master program in CNM/WHNP. Am going crazy waiting for a reply!...by Dalla Sep 25, '12I had applied a few weeks ago for a master program in CNM/WHNP. Am going crazy waiting for a reply! Anyone else going through this waiting period? Anyone else want to cry with not knowing what your future will bring, or when?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=788669©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,666 Views
- Sep 25, '12 by AP0525I recently applied to a CNM program as well and should know something by the end of October. The school I applied to caps their class at 14 students though, so I'm nervous!
- Sep 29, '12 by aspiringmidwife76Where did you apply? I am still waiting too. Are you doing online or brick and mortor?
- I live in NC and applied to East Carolina University. The lectures are online. Lab will be on campus. Clinical all over the state. I am supposed to hear something next week.
- But, they cap their classes at 14 and I do not have L&D experience, so I'm nervous 😁
- Sep 29, '12 by DallaYEAH!!! I have been accepted for the online Masters in midwifery/WHNP program at Georgetown University!!! I just got the email about 20 minutes ago. Can't believe it. I was so worried they wouldn't take me (no L&D experience and no idea what my references would say about me). I know that it is so expensive, but it is also fast - only 18 months. I am currently living on child support and alimony which will be ending in a couple of years. I should be working as a midwife before it does. Just under the wire! Now I just have to excel in the classes, graduate, and pass the boards. Should be easy after the application process! Right?!
- Congrats! Unfortunately, Georgetown's online programs are not approved in NC (where I live) so I can't apply there. I have a friend in FL who is doing the FNP program through Georgetown though and she likes it. Good luck with everything
- Sep 29, '12 by DallaThank you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers the next few week also. I was a Navy wife for 15 years and used to have a APO address. Is your "APO525" something significant?
- Oct 2, '12 by DallaOh Lord, just got a look at my bill for this first term. I pray that financial aid is in my future! And then a way to pay off the student loan!
- Oct 7, '12 by CalpurniaDalla, Congrats on that AMAZING news! I am in the process of applying to CNM/WHNP programs and I am so anxious. I've heard that Georgetown is super competitive, but I love the idea of being finished in less than 2 years. I have L&D experience, good references, pretty solid resume I think. I am just insecure about my undergrad. I didn't go to a very prestigious school for my ADN or BSN. I am so afraid this will hurt me considering the competitive nature of Georgetown. But I want this so bad. Do you mind me asking you what you believe were your strong points that helped you be accepted? I really appreciate any info/advice you might be able to send my way. Thanks!