Jump to content

Online Nurse Practitioner Program

Posted

Specializes in Dermatology/Cosmetics.

Hello all!

I'm looking for some input on online NP (MSN) programs. What programs do you recommend or not recommend? Pros/cons? Do all of them cost roughly $800 a credit hour? Thanks for your input!

800 a credit hour? no not every program

Fall and Spring 2020-2021

Tuition

Full-Time Students (per semester)

Undergraduates 12-19 hours$3,975.50

Graduates 9-13 hours$3,975.50

*Course related fees may apply. Please consult the Graduate/Undergraduate University Catalog online for an estimation of these fees.

Part-Time Tuition (per hour)

Undergraduate$331.00

Graduate$442.00

No. Whatever you do, do NOT choose a 'for profit' school. Make sure the school is accredited, and try to find a program that will find for you, or at least assist with, preceptors for clinical rotations.

bsprinkle15, BSN, RN

Specializes in Dermatology/Cosmetics.

1 hour ago, 203bravo said:

800 a credit hour? no not every program

Fall and Spring 2020-2021

Tuition

Full-Time Students (per semester)

Undergraduates 12-19 hours$3,975.50

Graduates 9-13 hours$3,975.50

*Course related fees may apply. Please consult the Graduate/Undergraduate University Catalog online for an estimation of these fees.

Part-Time Tuition (per hour)

Undergraduate$331.00

Graduate$442.00

What program are these fees from? Thank you!

sleepwalker, MSN, NP

Specializes in Occupational Health. Has 17 years experience.

hope you're not making a decision based solely on cost

Numenor, BSN, MSN, NP

Specializes in Internal Medicine. Has 9 years experience.

1 hour ago, sleepwalker said:

hope you're not making a decision based solely on cost

This is the state of NP education: ease, length, cost or some what up news report ranking that doesn't matter.

amoLucia

Specializes in LTC.

49 minutes ago, Numenor said:

This is the state of NP education: ease, length, cost or some what up news report ranking that doesn't matter.

You forgot - mediocre GREs and/or undergrad GPA, little or no previous RN work experience.

bsprinkle15, BSN, RN

Specializes in Dermatology/Cosmetics.

@sleepwalker @Numenor @amoLucia

WOW!. Thanks for all the input, Karens. If you didn’t have anything beneficial to say you could have just not commented. Or better yet you could have suggested a program instead of being so demeaning.

meanmaryjean, DNP, RN

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia. Has 44 years experience.

No one was demeaning YOU. They were making their observations on the sorry state of NP education these days.

And name-calling is never a good idea. Just because it is not what you wanted to hear does not invalidate the advice.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.