Male Chest Hair and Scrub Tops

Nurses General Nursing

Published

1. Should a male nurse with chesthair wearing a scrub top be required to wear a T shirt?

Ok to go without the T shirt
      The T shirt should be required
      I'm a male voter
      I'm a female voter

3,503 members have participated

Specializes in Med-Surg, Geriatric, Behavioral Health.

What is your vote?

Should a male nurse wearing a scrub top and has chest hair be required to wear a T shirt underneath in order to cover up the chest hair?

Many grown guys have at least some chest hair. That's just the way it is. There's nothing wrong about it.

I guess as a society we've made all the women look as prepubescent as we can so now we're starting on the men.

Specializes in Community Health Nurse.

Although I get turned on by SOME chest hair on men, I voted to put the T-shirt on under the scrub simply because it looks more professional in a healthcare setting. :)

If I were the patient who had a male nurse caring for me with his gorgeous chest hair hanging out, I might forget our patient - nurse relationship. :rotfl:

sorry...haaaaad to go there. :rotfl:

Mmmmm........chest hair showing WITH a gold chain!!! :nurse:

just kidding

Specializes in Med-Surg, Trauma, Ortho, Neuro, Cardiac.

I don't wear t-shirts because I don't like the way they hang down below my sleeves.

I also have a hairy chest and wear my scrubs without a t-shirt. I morificecape and trim the hairs because I don't like the hair hanging out the v-neck, bt it's very clear I have hair on my chest.

I don't think it should be mandated one way or another just because a guy has a hairy chest.

Oh, this is gonna be a funny thread. I've poured my glass of wine . .. and just gonna sit back and read. :)

Oh, I voted to wear a t-shirt.

steph

Although I get turned on by SOME chest hair on men, I voted to put the T-shirt on under the scrub simply because it looks more professional in a healthcare setting. :)

If I were the patient who had a male nurse caring for me with his gorgeous chest hair hanging out, I might forget our patient - nurse relationship. :rotfl:

sorry...haaaaad to go there. :rotfl:

I am with her...:imbar (I voted that no T-shirt worn is fine..)..

:chuckle:rolleyes: Thunderwolf this is too funny...never woulda thought to do a poll on this. I don't think you should mandate people to wear a T shirt. I think it would be nice...not just because of a hairy back or chest. Many females should to. If I don't my boobs may hang out and I'm not trying to flash so I wear one...but this is about men. I don't think it should be mandatory...but I'm with tweety on the manscaping. No shaving so you look like a little boy but just trimming excessive hair. JMO Peace out yall.

Specializes in Med-Surg, Geriatric, Behavioral Health.

I agree. This has been an enjoyable thread!

Thanks for the input!

Specializes in Medical-Surgical.

I voted to wear a shirt. I used to work as a nursea and I always wear one under my scrubs.

Specializes in Clinical Research, Outpt Women's Health.

No T-shirt is fine - we all (almost all) have hair on our bodies and heads. What is so different about chest hair?

i have so much more to worry about at work than whether or not a little chest hair is showing... it's not the most appealing thing to me, personally, but who am i to dictate how a person should dress so i don't see their chest hair? what would be next? long sleeve t-shirts so we don't see the hair on people's arms? :p

as long as people wear the required uniform and act professionally, that's all that matters...

+ Add a Comment