What's the weirdest baby name?

Specialties Ob/Gyn Nursing Q/A

Hi, I was wondering about some of those weird names that you've probably encountered in L&D and PP. I remember when I had my maternity rotation a couple of weeks ago, one of the nurses said she remembers a patient that named her child Placenta. I couldn't believe it that some child has to live his life named after disgusting afterbirth!

my husband would love to name our child (when we have one) Boppy! Like the Boppy pillow. I squashed that one but he realllllly likes the name :nono: :no:

Cut nickname, but not so hot on a legal document. I commend you for coming to your child's defense.

Here's an amazing choice.

Ah'nasty.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the mother was going for?

Specializes in Peds Medical Floor.
my husband would love to name our child (when we have one) Boppy! Like the Boppy pillow. I squashed that one but he realllllly likes the name :nono: :no:

That would be a cute dog's name!

Hi, I was wondering about some of those weird names that you've probably encountered in L&D and PP. I remember when I had my maternity rotation a couple of weeks ago, one of the nurses said she remembers a patient that named her child Placenta:eek: . I couldn't believe it that some child has to live his life named after disgusting afterbirth!!!Teresa
Buck Shot and his sister was Bleu Gill. I am not kidding! Have a DR. (ped) that named her son huckleberry!
Here's an amazing choice.

Ah'nasty.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the mother was going for?

Isn't anyone going to take a stab at what this name was intended to mean?

Specializes in Cardio-Pulmonary; Med-Surg; Private Duty.

I'm guessing "Honesty" but to be honest, to me it looks like, "Oh! NASTY!!!!!"

My senior year of high school, there was a rumor going around that some English teacher was calling role the first day of class (with a bunch of freshmen) and called out "Lah-ahh?" for a name on the sheet spelled "La-a"... A prissy, little twerp raised her hand and said, "It's La-dash-uh."

LA-A pronounced "La dash uh". SINCE WHEN DO WE PRONOUNCE PUNCTUATION MARKS?! Maybe I'll name my kid "!" and pronounce it Exclamation.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!

Specializes in Peds Medical Floor.

La dash a is back lol.

I'm guessing "Honesty" but to be honest, to me it looks like, "Oh! NASTY!!!!!"

Yup. It was "Honesty." But everyone who saw it written said, "Ah, nasty? You're going to name your child "Ah, nasty?"

I hope she had second thoughts and changed the name for the sake of that poor child.

Looks like a new-fangled, fancy way of spelling "honesty." To me, that's right up there with "Nevaeh." Don't you wish you could tell these parents "Hey, it's super awesome that you want your child to have a unique name, but lady, that name is NOT awesome. Not by a long shot."

RE the name "Abcde" - Kinda sounds like 'obesity', doesn't it? :lol2:

Specializes in Cardio-Pulmonary; Med-Surg; Private Duty.

Saw a new-to-me take on "Nevaeh" in a school this week: Navaya

*sigh*

+ Add a Comment