I have 6 years of experiance. I have my BSN, CEN, ACLS, PALS, and BLS. I have worked at level 2 trauma for a short period of time; worked in Washington state and New York. Looking into Portland area hospitals. Plan on living in Hillsboro area or ourskirts of Portland. I know this will create a hassle with commuting in the morning to work with traffic but it can't be as bad as New York so I'm ok with that! What I'm really looking to know, is:
1. what hospitals have best reputations as far as ER nursing goes?
2. are any hospitals not for profit?
3. are any hospitals union?
4. any hosptials chronically short-staffed?
5. are wages comperable from hospital to hospital as far as wages go?
6. any education reimbursement? (Looking into doing Nurse Practitioner)
and any other comments are appreciated! Thanks in advance! Looking to move this summer (2014).