Questions about BLS

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Hello, everyone

I just have a quick question about BLS for healthcare providers. I just admitted to the nursing program at my university and offered to take a course for BLS for health providers before getting into the nursing program next fall. There are four different sessions times offered, and each of them takes around 4 hours.

So, I am wondering whether to take all of them or just choose one of them. Also, how difficult BLS examination is because I have no idea to learn several concepts and take the test in 4 hrs in a day. Is it that easy that most of the people get a certification?

I would like to ask how people who have taken the class from different universities manage it.

Thank you.

Specializes in ED.

In my experience, Healthcare provider CPR classes should only take the 4 hours. It is not at all difficult, and I have never seen someone not pass. BLS CPR is the very basic level for healthcare providers.

Specializes in Home Health (PDN), Camp Nursing.

BLS is a four hour class. With a practical testing component on adult one person, two person scenarios, as well as infant CPR. There is a 25 question multiple choice test. Pay attention you will pass just fine. Most instructors will spoon feed you the important concepts.

It's very easy and like previous poster said I have never seen anyone NOT get a certificate. You will only need 1 class and not all 4.

Specializes in 15 years in ICU, 22 years in PACU.

The instructors WANT you to learn CPR they will make every effort to help you learn and pass the exam.

People that have trouble are trying to put too much real life experience into answering the questions.

Specializes in Emergency Department.

Honestly, just pick one date that's convenient for you. The instructors want you to pass so they'll pretty much spoon-feed you the answers and they'll go over the skills until you can do them without much difficulty. BLS for Healthcare Providers is truly not that difficult.

+ Add a Comment